Alcohol

Options
MissCarter79
MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
So I have a question. I am pretty new here and I'm on track with eating and exercise, but what about alcoholic beverages? I enjoy having a few drinks from time to time and I've noticed since joining that the couple of things I liked to drink are really high in calories. Anyone out there have any low calorie drinks they enjoy? Thanks!

Replies

• magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I like vodka, so I throw itin with diet orange soda. I typically like it with cran juice and peach schnapps, but that is loaded!
    so only 133 calories... :/ I just try and fit it into my cals.
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I just try to save calories if I know I'm going to have some drinks. You might want to google some recipes. Most cocktails have "skinny" versions that are lower calorie.
  • wyattsmomjoy
    wyattsmomjoy Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've always been a beer drinker. Lots of beer! And usually it was Bud Light or Natrual Lite. Since joining 60 days ago, I now drink Michelob Ultra Light (96 cal) or Miller Lite same cals but tends to give me a headache. I discovered Chocolate Martini's by LuLu B's only 48 cal per oz,nice and cold just over ice. Then there's Cherry Vodka I mix with Sprite. I've tried to limit drinking to the weekends, though. Im down 20, so something's working! Good Luck!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Vodka with Fresca and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. 'Corvette Summer' courtesy of Anthony Bourdain. :wink:
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    Those all sound good! Thanks for the feedback!
  • pooleekylie
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com
  • MissCarter79
    Options
    www.getdrunknotfat.com

Awesome! I'll check it out! Thanks!
  • megtastic80
    Options
    Where are you? I'm in Australia and these are my favourites.

Low Carb Beer (Hahn Super Dry is my favourite)
    Jim Beam Zero Sugar
    Otherwise, your favourite mixed with diet softdrink...
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Gin and Diet tonic water with lime. or ever clear with diet mountain dew (also low sodium) basically any clear booze with diet mixer is a win in my book.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Diet coke and vanilla vodka gets me through a night out without murdering my calorie intake. Diet soda of your choice plus flavored vodkas and rums can make it taste like anything you want, really. Also, red wine isn't too high cal if you stick to the serving size, and it's still low in carbs. Beer's the killer. I don't drink beer when I'm serious about losing.
  • beckybernardo
    beckybernardo Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka with diet sprite or sprite zero or any of those with no calories
  • deadheadcheri
    Options
    Champagne is one of the lowest calorie....I like red wines also. Beers got tons of calories for the amount of alcohol in it, but there are some low cal options if you enjoy beers like Bud and Miller...
  • 82ale
    82ale Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am in love with michelob ultra pomegranate raspberry. One plus for beer (IMO anyway) is that the bubbles make me feel full so I slam two and quit.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    ice, vodka, water, lime wedge :)
    or add Mio if you like it sweet :)
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm better of without it. I am one of 'those'. When I drank I also ate. In the past I tracked my food & drink just to see. Scary. 1600 calories of alcohol + 2400 calories of food = 4000 calories a day. If only I was a hard working lumberjack! Oh well.

One was too many / 10 wasn't enough.
  • mllst18
    mllst18 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love a good gin and (diet) tonic with lime. Basically vodka with any diet soda is better than what you could be drinking. Go to www.getdrunknotfat.com ----it's a great tool to see what your best options are, especially because most alcohol doesn't have the nutritional information on the side of the bottle!
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

I have a high tolerance, I'm with you on that. On sundays I don't eat and drink. I eat and then about 3 hours later I drink. and drink..and drink....and drink. sadly, they don't have orange soda and whipped. I think I'll start just doing shots and water.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I'm better of without it. I am one of 'those'. When I drank I also ate. In the past I tracked my food & drink just to see. Scary. 1600 calories of alcohol + 2400 calories of food = 4000 calories a day. If only I was a hard working lumberjack! Oh well.

^^^ me too...and I'm not a lumberjack either lol
  • LetsGoBlues
    Options

Good for you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Unless you like diet coke or diet tonic, I say stick with straight shots. Beer and wine are great, but they are more calories for little alcohol. Though, if you drink wines, stick with ports -- high alchohol. Beers, don't drink those cheap water down ones -- stick with stouts and darker ales (maybe even sours.) because they have more alcohol %. When I drink, I usually understand that I will most definitely go over my calories for the day, but that's okay every so often. I say once a week where you go over your calories won't do too much harm. But yeah, stick to shots, they tend to be roughly 64 cals per 1oz shot.