Zumba Oaf

Options

Replies

• NuttyCake
    NuttyCake Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    One lady said "Just keep wiggling, something will fall off..."

I like that :) I think I may use that from now on when I working out and feel like giving up.

Tried Zumba a couple times. I bought the DVD's and did it my house. I felt like I was doing it wrong the entire time. Now a friend has them :-/ It's probably a lot more fun in a group. I say keep doing it, though. No one knows everything the first time they try something. Besides, it's better than nothing, right?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I did zumba and felt much the same thankfully for me it was at home and on my wii so the only person that saw my "dancing" was my dog lol
  • amanda52488
    amanda52488 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty zumba obsessed right now.... as everyone said JUST HAVE FUN AND SHAKE IT!!! iI feel SO good after my zumba classses!!
  • BioShocked89
    BioShocked89 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I think people would die if I danced around them. I'm a kamikaze. O.o
  • Jayme34
    Jayme34 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    346 lbs here and tried my first zumba class a few weeks ago, and I am totally addicted. I dont care what anyone thinks of what i look like while i am there. Its helping me lose weight and its a blast. Its so enjoyable it really doesnt feel like excercise. When you find exercise you love doing you will do it more often. If i can do it, anyone can!!! :smile:

p.s DOWN 22lbs in the past month doing zumba and curves circuit!!!
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    One of my instructors says it gets easier every time. I really do believe that's true. Until they throw in like five news songs in one class. It's great though - keep going!
  • jazzyali
    jazzyali Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Keep with it- it gets easier! It's helped me to lose 37 lbs, 5 " in my waist and 4" in my hips... since June 2012 :smile: I'm hooked!

953203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    LOVE ZUMBA!!!!
    My advice get the feet down first, then the arms..keep it up!
  • HMToomey
    Options
    I've been going for a little over a year now, you start to feel better about it after about 4 classes and if you keep the same instructor you will get the moves down. I used to hide in the back corner and trip over my own two feet now I'm in the front row. I still feel like a spaz when we are learning a new song but no one is looking at you they are all looking at the instructor trying to keep up! I download zumba songs and work out at home and manage 2 classes a week most weeks. The Wii game is fun until you go to class. The class ruined the game for me! The energy in the room is infectious and you can't get that on your TV! <3 Have fun and enjoy yourself!!!!!
  • mohanj
    mohanj Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I started taking Zumba class recently. I know exactly how I feel. After couple of classes, I have realized that I am there for myself and not for anyone else. I am there to enjoy, have fun and get my workout done. If I look like an elephant or a water buffalo to someone...so be it. I don't care what the world thinks of me because I am there with one purpose and one purpose only i.e to improve myself. I feel so good after the class that I anxiously wait for the next week class. Have fun. Good luck.
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can honestly tell you that I lost most of my weight doing Zumba! I'm going tomorrow morning in fact! And I also love doing Aqua Zumba - Zumba in the pool! Like they say in Zumba..."ditch the workout and join the party!"
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can honestly tell you that I lost most of my weight doing Zumba! I'm going tomorrow morning in fact! And I also love doing Aqua Zumba - Zumba in the pool! Like they say in Zumba..."ditch the workout and join the party!"
  • sonjarogers72
    sonjarogers72 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I do it 4-5 times a week! LOTS has wiggled off!!! From size 18 to 12!!!! KEEP GOIN!!!
  • PattiDu
    PattiDu Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. I felt the same way. I'm only on my 4th class....trust me it get's better :)
  • sonjarogers72
    Options
    I can honestly tell you that I lost most of my weight doing Zumba! I'm going tomorrow morning in fact! And I also doing Aqua Zumba - Zumba in the pool! Like they say in Zumba..."ditch the workout and join the party!"

Heck yea! ME TOO!!!! KEEP SHAKIN IT MAMA!!
  • sonjarogers72
    Options
    Keep with it- it gets easier! It's helped me to lose 37 lbs, 5 " in my waist and 4" in my hips... since June 2012 :smile: I'm hooked!

953203.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

LOVE ZUMBA!!! Dance like no one is watching!!
  • ShrinkingShona
    ShrinkingShona Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I have only been doing it a couple of months but I still look like a complete tool during most of it. I feel the same way as the lady who spoke to you - as long as I am moving it's better than sitting on the couch :) I have a hilarious teacher too who laughs with me when I I screw up. Good on you for going.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I always look like an oaf, but its fun!
  • ktmmom189
    ktmmom189 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Haha I have been going for 6 weeks now and I still don't even have 5% of it down. I just keep shaking, wiggling, and moving. Whatever works. Never fails the class ends up facing me at least once:). Its all good. (Most of the people in my class have done it for at least 3 yrs.) Love it.
  • jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I'm the only white girl in my Zumba class, LOL!