Clean Eaters - What do you drink besides water?

Options
13»

Replies

• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    coffee, fresh 100% pure squeezed juices but not often oh and almond milk
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I use Kool Aid and stevia in my water. Very inexpensive way to flavor it.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I do drink coffee (which is less of a "drink" because it doesn't quench thirst or anything). Other than water, I drink a good deal of seltzer (only without artificial flavors) and on occasion, unsweetened iced tea where the only ingredient is actual tea
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I get like that too. I use those things like MIO but it's the walmart brand and omg my water is so yummy.
  • t8tersalad
    t8tersalad Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    One cup of decaf coffee in the morning and water all day long. Reverse Osmosis water I fill at Whole Foods for 39 cents a gallon.
    Best tasting water ever and ZERO flouride :)
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options

Did you miss the phrase "clean eaters" in the title?
  • FuneralDiner
    FuneralDiner Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Other than water, I only really drink fruit/herbal tea.

Occasionally juice and coffee if I'm out.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Wow...just learning about clean eating over the past few months, I had no idea packaged drinks/sweeteners would be on anybody's list...

Walmart flavored waters are sweetened with chemicals as are Gatorade (G2), Chrystal Light, etc. Kool Aid? Really? Packaged and processed...I guess I need to keep up my research.

For me, It's either water, green tea, or milk. Lately, I'm drinking hot water with the juice of a whole lemon in the mornings at least 30 min. before I eat. I'm hearing that it helps heal the liver and make it more efficient at burning and processing nutrients. I may start doing this at night before bed though, as I'm told the liver does most of it's repairing.
  • kylTKe
    kylTKe Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Wow, that's really haughty.
  • erinnstreeter
    erinnstreeter Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Wow, that's really haughty.

Maybe not the nicest way to say it, but the point is still valid. Clean eating is choosing unprocessed foods; Kool Aid is is a processed food.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/300572-ingredients-nutrition-information-for-lemonade-kool-aid/
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    mmmm..... crystal light raspberry lemonade only 5 calories and no sugar! Way better than boring water plus I can easily drink 8 bottles of it a day! It's not that expensive either plus my daughter likes it and it's way better than juice.

Crystal liight may have no calories or sugar but it does have artificial sweeteners and color as well as other chemicals. Hardly a "clean" food

I drink green tea and if I want a few carb calories a bit of orange or pomegranate juice diluted with lots of water (1:4 ratio)
  • jaygreen55
    jaygreen55 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Diet green tea, all it has in it is sodium. So I wouldn't drink to much of it. I believe it has about 170mg of sodium per 16 oz bottle.

Why not brew your own? No sugar, no sodium and much higher in natural antioxidents. A hell of a lot cheaper too !!!
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I drink water, carbonated water, coffee, tea, herbal tea, full fat cream, almond milk (only for whey shakes). I use coconut milk in lots of things, but I don't "drink" it on it's own. Coconut water is an occasional treat but it's a bit too sweet for my tastes.

Only occasionally, I have a Now Foods Vita Squencher. Even though the ingredients are "ok" it's still not a natural food so I don't go over-board. And it's too sweet for my tastes too; I'll have to water it down more next time.

And don't forget the occasional glass of red wine (which is healthy in small amounts imo), and even more occasionally, vodka. :drinker:

Edit: not everything mentioned is "clean", but I do the best I can with what is available and to still enjoy my life (wine, vodka).