why why why please help me understand

Options
strength training burn calories? and does jumping on a trampoline burn calories? and how can i get pass being sore in the begining stages of exsercising? streching doesnt help me...

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    strength training when done right burns tons of calories, and yes so does jumping on a trampoline. No idea on the soreness though,
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You are going to be sore because you have not been exercising. Start slow and after a few days the soreness goes away. You will adjust. Embrace the soreness as it is a result of your hard work. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a short term fix.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    Lots of us crave the sore. Sore is good. It means you've worked hard and have done something great for your body. If you work hard, you'll learn to love it.
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Take a couple of aspirin. It helps the soreness.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I've started to mix cardio in with my weight training - I find that it limbers and warms me up a lot more than simply stretching (which I never liked to do anyway). I start with cardio, then a few weight exercises, then throw in some more cardio. It keeps things interesting and gives your muscles a break - and burns tons of calories.
  • kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    If' you're out of shape the soreness can't be avoided you just have to keep working at it. If you feel your muscles getting tight right after a workout ice them. Crushed ice in a ziplock bag wrapped in a towel about 20-30 min, and unless you have other reasons not to you can take a pain reliever (I go with advil). If you're sore the next day you can try muscle creams or rubs but those don't last long. On the second day heat is okay so a nice hot bath with some Epsom salts always makes me feel better. Also I know you said stretching doesn't help but it does stretch before bed and in the morning nice and easy stretches it's not immediate but over time it helps.
  • him1025
    Options
    how then do i record the calories i burned during strength training...for exsample i put in i did 25 sit up but it didnt give me the caloried i burned and when i try recording that i jumped on a trampoline i coulnt find it in the exsercise finder
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I use "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" in cardio. Pre-work out I have a good meal with 20-30g protein. After working out I have a 20g protein snack. Also I Take Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium Pill & something with Potassium in it to help recover.
  • Up to 800 Mg of ibuprophen a day. It is an antiinflamatory AND pain relievers. Lots of water and cold therapy to the areas you worked on. I used to prepare and run marathon's and found that if I took 200mg (1 tablet) 1 hour prior to my runs and 400mg (2 tabs) a couple hours after with cold therapy I avoided much of that pain! On long run days I would also take 400mg of the Ibu prior to going to bed and slept well. However, if you have any digestion problem or you are on blood thinners, don't take anything without consulting a MD. Good luck! I am starting my diet and exersice in the am and I am in the worst shape in my life, so I too don't looknforward to that pain!