Not New, but Restarting

chubbygirl30
chubbygirl30 Posts: 31
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all. I'm not a new member to this site but I have been MIA for over a year. In that year I have started and stopped several "diets". Bad I know. However now it's not a matter of being on a diet but being a lifestyle for me.

My cholesterol is 269. It's suppose to be under 150. That is really the only "major" medical thing wrong with me. I just don't feel good, physically. Plus I don't like what I see when I look in the mirror and most of my "cute clothes" no longer fit me. I have 2 pair of jeans out of probably 50 that fit me. The same goes for work pants. I don't want to worry about what I'm going to wear to work every day, wondering what isn't going to fit me that day.

I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I don't want it to be a struggle anymore. I want eating right and exercising regularly to be a habit. Something I do without even thinking about doing it. I was there once 3 years ago and I want to get there again. This time I have a support system that I didn't have before. I also have a daily reminder of what I don't want to be. One of my co-workers is severely obese and has many medical problems. I don't want that to be me and if I don't start doing something about it now, it will be me.

Any Support, Motivation, and Tips that I can get I will take.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday Season, and I wish you all luck on your journey.

Replies

• Our stories sound so similar, I was on the right path just over 3 years ago. I had joined Curves, had a personal trainor and support team. I lost 23 pounds and then put it all back on (plus some) over the last 3 years. I had to buy new work pants and jeans :sad:
    I would love a support partner, if ya wanna do this thing together :smile:
    I am just starting the exercise thing back up today, planning on 5 days a week, and I started logging food again. THis site is very helpful, I love how it gives the suggested calorie intake and gives more calories for working out....Glad to be back :happy:
  • lahlie
    lahlie Posts: 149 Member
    I feel your pain. I feel like I have been on this roller coaster forever. I know that essentially is my fault, but it is hard just the same. Slow and steady, I have found is the best, so that new, good, healthy habits are formed. nn Keep your head up and take any setback with a grain of salt and keep pushing forward.
  • tabluedke
    tabluedke Posts: 27 Member
    I too am in the same boat! Your story is very close to mine! Growing up, I was very active in sports and when I graduated from H.S. I never changed my eating habits and I am where I am today! YUCK!!!! It's amazing how easily we fall out of our healthy routines and back into the old. Just keep up the good work! And if you ever need anything, just let me know!! I've decided that losing weight is something that is made harder by trying to do so on your own!! :D
  • That you all for your posts. It definately helps knowing that I'm not alone. Especially when I have days when I just DON'T want to get out of bed early to work out....that is what I'm struggling with right now.

I have resisted temptation all day today. There are cookies, candy, chocolate, and nutty buddies in the staff kitchen here at work and I haven't even really been all that interested.

I'm glad to hear that I have some extra support and I'm here to support you all as well. It is definately easier when you aren't doing it alone.
This discussion has been closed.