what is/was ur nickname in school

Options

Replies

• Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Shelbert (from my grandma), nothing like having that shouted across the commons area in HS! Or Bert, Shel, Micki (hence the my username). I still get Shel a lot.
  • uncarvedblock
    uncarvedblock Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Jurassic James - a combo of my surname and Jurassic Park - that's what one of my first school teachers nicknamed me as I was obsessed with dinosaurs (still am).
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Cinnabuns, and not because I was fat, but because everyone mispronounced my name as "Leia" (as in Star Wars).
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I was called Corr, I have three sisters and everyone would say we looked like the Corrs who were a lame Irish band... Also got Dom because apparently I looked like a dominatrix but it wasn't in a bad way, I wore a leather jacket over my uniform which was forbidden by the nuns....but I was always popular in school.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    bakewell tart for a while my surname is very similar to bakewell ... primary school then it came about again in highschool when someone from primary school turned round and said "huh i just remembered your names like bakewell":noway: seriously!! :grumble:
    totts at uni charlotte had gotten shortened to lottie, and my flatmates shortened it further to totts. I quite like totts :)
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    "Hey you."

I didn't really have many friends in high school. Didn't talk to people. People didn't really talk to me. Yaaaay social anxiety.

This was the case for me aswell.
  • TeamEdwardJenn
    TeamEdwardJenn Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Jurassic James - a combo of my surname and Jurassic Park - that's what one of my first school teachers nicknamed me as I was obsessed with dinosaurs (still am).

I love Dinos too :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    LaLa... Cause I was apparently off in LaLa Land more often than reality...
  • lauraatkinson85
    lauraatkinson85 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My name is Laura Atkinson - I used to get Laura Fatkinson. Very clever. Except I was pretty average but with a large chest at school. I didnt realise that at the time though and really thought I was huge. School was rubbish!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Mine was Big Daddy Third Leg!!
  • confettibetti
    confettibetti Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Step Ladder
    Jolly Green Giant
    Bruiser

Kids are AWESOME!!!!!
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    I had a few:

Spankus - rhymed with my last name
    Sensai Sam - the boys appointed me their leader since I was the first chick sporting sweater puppies
    Slam - after Sensai Sam, the boys liked to throw slammers down my shirt (remember Pogs?! Ahhh!!)
  • doonesbury
    doonesbury Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    LOL

Doonesbury
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Buzz

It was the 70's ...
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Mine was Crumpet (and still is)... My surname is Crump! In fact, I rarely get called by my first name by friends. My best mate calls me Crumpers and another friends kids who I've known most of their lives didn't even know my first name!
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I had 2. One was bublegum because i was always chewing gum and the other was BB aka Bubble Butt because my butt stuck out so far. Which now i've learned is a good thing. HAHA
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    Step Ladder
    Jolly Green Giant
    Bruiser

Kids are AWESOME!!!!!

YELP, I got Jolly Green Giant too!! That and EARsten (name is Kirsten and 1 kid thought I had big ears). YELP, kids are LOVELY!!!!

That and KIT....still have KIT. :-)
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Pretty much always been Jules. A select few called me stumpy.... Party. Drunken running and I tripped over a stump and broke my ankle. Ruined soccer hard! Lol.
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Mad Scientist
    I was a nerd with bad hair lol
  • ThustonHowell
    Options
    Cube - for my resemblance to Ice Cube