Bingeing on Dr. Oz

A friend of mine passed along information about the most recent Dr. Oz episode on bingeing (the one that aired on Sept. 19). As someone who has struggled with bingeing, it was a real raw experience to see the slides of what bingeing does to your stomach. It helped me see my binges for what they are and I wanted to pass along the episode to any of you that also struggle or have with bingeing. Good luck to any of you that do struggle, like I do. I hope this helps, if even a little:)

http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/inside-bodies-binge-eaters-pt-2

Replies

• Hello,

I wanted to thank you for posting that link, I just joined today because I know I have a serious eating problem and I've tried darn near every diet plan out there and i fail it the minute i get stressed.

My Dr, told me to try marijuana for my stress, I now need a new Dr.

I am hoping i can beat my weight and get a hold on my anxiety and fears, if not, I don't know what my life will be like but I am certain it won't be good.

The stress and all the emotional baggage have messed me up and it is time i really try to fix things.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    hey, marijuana does help food probs cuz u get the munchies...lol...
  • Just want to say that G. Roth rocks!!! She has helped me break free of my eating issues. I recommend her books, web site etc. 45 lbs down!!
  • kb_CG_wife
    kb_CG_wife Posts: 181 Member
    I'm going to watch this right now! :) I'm working myself off of a very... very....VERY long binge (about 6 weeks)

..........oh gosh........... that's scary, I didn't realize what we do could kill us...
  • atbrod
    atbrod Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for posting the link - it's so informative. I work at a drug and alcohol recovery center and must say, I have to deal with binging the same way we teach our clients to stop substance abuse: by getting down to the nitty-gritty EMOTIONS of WHY I'm using food as a means of escape.