Its colder weather time,Any low calorie chili recipes?

Options
marywilsoncline
marywilsoncline Posts: 301 Member
Its fall and that means colder weather and I need some low calorie chili to get warmed up by. Anyone have a good low calorie chili recipe they'd like to share?

Replies

• supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com has several that I lovelovelovelove.
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Its fall and that means colder weather and I need some low calorie chili to get warmed up by. Anyone have a good low calorie chili recipe they'd like to share?

Use extra lean ground Turkey (99% fat free)
    I have one I posted in my recipes. If I can I'll
    send it to your private messages.
  • akarney
    akarney Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am making 2 this weekend.....both found on skinnytaste.com:

Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 9 • Serving Size: 1 cup • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 182.6 • Fat: 2.3 g • Protein: 23.3 g • Carb: 10.9 g • Fiber: 8.8 g • Sugar: 2.1
    Sodium: 429.8 (without salt)

Ingredients:
    • cooking spray (I use my misto)
    • 2 lb 99% lean ground turkey
    • 1/2 tsp olive oil
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 3 garlic cloves, minced
    • 1 tsp chili powder, to taste
    • 2 bay leaves
    • 2 tsp cumin
    • 1 tsp oregano
    • 2 (15 oz cans) of white northern or navy beans, rinsed and drained
    • 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
    • 4.5 oz canned chopped green chile
    • 2 cups low sodium, fat free chicken broth
    • fat free sour cream for topping (optional)
    • chopped cilantro and chives for topping (optional)
    • salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

Heat a large heavy saute pan over high heat and lightly spray with oil. Add meat and cook, breaking it up until white, about 5 minutes. Add to crock pot.

Add oil to the saute pan, then onions, garlic, sauté about 3 - 4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute.

Add to crock pot. Add beans, pumpkin puree, green chilis, broth, chili powder, oregano, and bay leaves. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.

Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili (x2)
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 12  Serving Size: 10.8 oz  Old Points: 3 pts  Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 206.3 • Fat: 1.4 g • Protein: 16.8 g • Carb: 31.8 g • Fiber: 9.0 g
    • 1.3 lb (20 oz) fat free ground turkey breast
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
    • 1 (16 oz) can tomato sauce
    • 1 (4.5 oz) can chopped chilies, drained
    • 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, undrained
    • 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, undrained
    • 1 (15.5 oz) can small red beans, undrained
    • 2 tbsp chili powder
    Topping:
    • 1/2 cup chopped red onion
    • 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro for topping
    • shredded cheddar to top (extra pts)
    Brown turkey and onion in a medium skillet over medium high heat until cooked through.
    Drain any fat remaining and transfer to crock pot . Add the beans, chilies, chickpeas tomatoes, tomato sauce and chili powder mixing well.
    Cook on high 6-8 hours.
    Garnish with onions, cilantro and cheese and enjoy!

ENJOY!
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My Extra Lean Turkey Chili.

non stick cooking spray (at least 6 seconds to coat pan)
    Pict Sweet - Frozen Onion and Pepper Seasoning Blend, 1 container (7 cups ea.)
    Mild Banana Peppers, 20 rings
    Kroger - Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast (99% Fat Free), 16 oz (112g)
    Kroger - Chili Ready Diced Tomatoes, 2 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Chili Ready Beans, 1 container (455 gs ea.)
    Chili Ready Beans, 1 container (455 gs ea.)
    Chili-O - Seasoning Mix, 1 container (5 tbsp ea.)
    Hunt's - Tomato Sauce - Basil, Garlic and Oregano (Net Carbs), 1 container (9/10 cup (62g) ea.)

n a large skillet or sauce pan heavily coat the bottom with non stick cooking spray
    Put Frozen onion, peppers, and banana peppers into the pot to saute until vegetables are thawed
    and slightly cooked.
    add the extra lean ground turkey to brown.
    Once brown, place all into an a Crock pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
    Let simmer for at least 3 hours stirring occasionally. Serve hot with your favorite toppings or sides.
  • sammyjo0402
    sammyjo0402 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    !!!

http://caloriecount.about.com/dan-good-chili-b582926

(: this recipe is wonderful...
  • BlueJean4114
    BlueJean4114 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    only 200 calories
    for a generous 1&1/4 cup serving size,
    and only 20 minutes to make a vast pot of it.:drinker: DELISH! Verrrry warm taste to it.

:heart: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743753-200-calories-chili-soup-only-20-min-to-make:heart:
    ........................................................................................h4Og8.gif
    Servings: 9 • Size: 1-1/4 cups:bigsmile: • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g • Protein: 19.5 g

THIS CHILI SOUP should really be renamed :flowerforyou: "Busy Mom soup":flowerforyou: lol, cuz it's so so easy, so so fast to make.......but you can simmer it as long as you want to, fill up the whole house with that wonderful aroma.......

VERY PRETTY, too, with greens, yellows, reds, browns, way pretty to look at, and soooooooooo tasty. YUM!!
    Chockful of nutrients, too.
    low-fat-turkey-chili-soup.jpg
    I froze individual servings in freezer bags for later.

While making THIS recipe,
    i learned the difference between
    ground turkey,
    and
    ground WHITE MEAT turkey, <
    which is lower in fats, and lower in calories than plain ground turkey.............who knew? This has SO LITTLE FAT, that you ought to spray the pan prior to browning this meat cuz it sticks, just no grease at all.........
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    This is originally my mom's recipe for Chili, which I've always loved, but I've added a thing or two to make it hotter! I will admit, there is one ingredient I've left out, to keep it unique and secret, but it will still taste absolutely delicious! Enjoy!

1 pound lean, ground turkey
    1 can (1 4/5 cups) plain tomato sauce
    1 can (4 1/2 cups) kidney beans
    1 packet chili seasoning
    1 can (3 1/5 cups) diced tomatoes
    Louisiana hot sauce to taste
    Black pepper to taste
    Red pepper Flakes to taste
    Cayenne pepper to taste
    1 dash garlic powder
    1 dash dried oregano

In a pan, brown ground turkey (or hamburger, whichever you prefer) with chili seasoning

Combine tomato sauce, kidney beans, and diced tomatoes in separate pot. Add a dash of garlic powder, a dash of oregano, and lots of black pepper, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper, and hot sauce (or a little, depend on your taste). Keep on low heat to warm mixture until meat is brown.

Once meet is brown, add to sauce.

Easy and yummy! (And, as an added bonus, the leftovers the next day are even better!)
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    not a recipe as such but.... veggie chilli! tastes awesome and i;m a meat eater!
  • marywilsoncline
    Options
    only 200 calories
    for a generous 1&1/4 cup serving size,
    and only 20 minutes to make a vast pot of it.:drinker: DELISH! Verrrry warm taste to it.

:heart: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/743753-200-calories-chili-soup-only-20-min-to-make:heart:
    ........................................................................................h4Og8.gif
    Servings: 9 • Size: 1-1/4 cups:bigsmile: • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 5 pts
    Calories: 198.8 • Fat: 1.4 g • Carb: 29.7 g • Fiber: 7.0 g • Protein: 19.5 g

THIS CHILI SOUP should really be renamed :flowerforyou: "Busy Mom soup":flowerforyou: lol, cuz it's so so easy, so so fast to make.......but you can simmer it as long as you want to, fill up the whole house with that wonderful aroma.......

VERY PRETTY, too, with greens, yellows, reds, browns, way pretty to look at, and soooooooooo tasty. YUM!!
    Chockful of nutrients, too.
    low-fat-turkey-chili-soup.jpg
    I froze individual servings in freezer bags for later.

While making THIS recipe,
    i learned the difference between
    ground turkey,
    and
    ground WHITE MEAT turkey, <
    which is lower in fats, and lower in calories than plain ground turkey.............who knew? This has SO LITTLE FAT, that you ought to spray the pan prior to browning this meat cuz it sticks, just no grease at all.........

This looks SOOOOOOOOOOO Good!
  • determined136
    Options
    1 pound extra lean ground turkey
    1 15 oz can of dices tomatoes (liquid included)
    1 15 oz can of red kidney beans – drained
    1 8 oz can Hunts tomato sauce
    ½ medium white onion, diced
    1 4 oz can green chilies (liquid included)
    2 Tablespoons chopped celery
    2 Tablespoons chili powder
    ½ Tablespoon ground cumin
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon pepper
    ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    1 cup water

Brown ground meat over medium heat, breaking into small pieces. Add a dash of salt and pepper while cooking. Strain meat and rinse will under very hot water. This removes the bulk of the fat. Place meat in a crock pot. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir until well combined. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4 hours on high.

Makes 9 – 1 cup servings

About 130 calories for a 1 cup serving.

I have this almost everyday for lunch and I love it!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for the skinnytaste.com Crock Pot 3 Bean Turkey Chili that someone else posted. I made it Monday night and it was so $%#$#@ DELICIOUS!!! I would make it again in a heart beat. My bf considers himself a "chili connoisseur" and even he was absolutely thrilled that it was so tasty & had great nutritional value. Let us know which one you make! :)
  • sionnain
    Options
    not a recipe as such but.... veggie chilli! tastes awesome and i;m a meat eater!

exactly; skip the meat. you don't need it. there's already enough taste/texture/protein in chili as it is without adding meat.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Just found a recent one. It's Black Bean and Pumpkin Chili. At first I thought how gross could this be, but I was soooo wrong. It's delicious and really healthy. No added sodium and a ton of vegetables in it. Its my new favorite right now.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I had one last night made with chicken and white kidney beans. My partner named it WHITE Chili. Quite tasty!
  • marywilsoncline
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will be trying some of these chili recipes :bigsmile:
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I dont have a recipe but my boss just let me try some chili she made and she used a base of V8 juice, her's just had Kidney beans/Ground beef and tomatos in it. It was really good, I estimated the calories were about 180 a cup after putting in the database.

Im going to try it with some low sodium V8 and maybe ground turkey or chicken add some spinach and beans - quick easy healthy low cal!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    GREEN & WHITE LIGHTNING CHICKEN CHILI
    Yield: 4 servings

Olive Oil Non-Stick Cooking Spray
    1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
    1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    1 jalapeno pepper, seeded & minced
    2 cups fat free reduced sodium chicken broth
    1/2 cup tomatillo salsa (mild or medium)
    1 can (15 oz) cannellini (white kidney) beans, mash half of them thoroughly with a fork and leave the other half whole
    1 Tbsp cumin
    1/2 Tbsp ground coriander
    1-2 Tbsp flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
    1-2 Tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
    Juice of 1 lime
    Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat a 6 qt. stock pot over medium-high heat. Spray with olive oil cooking spray and add chicken pieces. Season as desired with salt and pepper. Cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently. You're just looking to very lightly brown the chicken on all sides. Add onion, garlic, jalapeno, cumin and coriander. Cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in chicken broth and salsa. Bring to a simmer. Add both whole and mashed beans and stir thoroughly. The mashed beans should thicken the broth. Simmer 10 minutes then remove from heat and add lime juice, cilantro and parsley. Serve hot. Note: Shredded reduced-fat monterey jack cheese can be added as a topping but I have left it out of this recipe and the accompanying nutrition information, since the chili really doesn't need it. Nutrition Info (per serving): Calories 259.6; Total Fat 2.8g, Saturated Fat 0.4g, Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g, Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g; Cholesterol 65.7 mg; Sodium 841.2mg (note that this does not reflect the addition of salt "to taste"); Potassium 350.3mg; Total Carbohydrate 25.4g, Dietary Fiber 7.1g, Sugars 4.2g; Protein 33.9g