Team UK - January 2010

Options

Replies

• James501
    James501 Posts: 148
    Options
    wow i haven't been on here for a few days and i'm plesently shocked about the amount of people posting. Haven't got time to say hello to everyone indervidualy so well give you all ONE BIG HELLO!!

Team Uk is back to stay.

I have had a bad week trying to get to work in the snow but one good thing about it is i have walked over 20 miles getting 2 and from work this week, not to mention the amount of shoveling i have done. Due to this i have eaten a little more then planned but it's all been burnt off.
    So week one big weigh in and the result is 2lbs lost. if i keep that up i'll be very happy. I'm on target for the month.

How had everyone been doing this week??

James
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Hope you are all ok, got into work alright? I did.. just about... There was a pretty bad accident that happened on the opposite side of the road to me.. shocked!
    Im hoping this snow goes now... I've had enough of not being able to do much..

Going to try and go to the gym tonight! Even if im not feeling 100% im going to take it easy.. (not being able to taste things has also helped, i dont really crave sugary things atm, or add extra flavouring to my food, so im cutting back on the cals..)

Weekened was pretty un-eventful.. but still good!

Well... Lorro + Sugarmummy... I've booked a place thats near to where i live in guildford, they have a huge function room at the back, going to have about 80 people there, disco, food and drinks to celebrate! I've got a new dress for it which i cant wait to wear... its a size 10 so its a bit of a squeeze.. im just hoping a couple of weeks down the gym toning up should do the trick!!:laugh:

x katherine x
  • BeccyBerry
    Options
    Good Morning everyone :)

Can I join you all? I joined the site last week and am loving it! I've lost 4lbs so far which I'm pleased about! Last week I was just really counting calories and watching what I eat but this week with my children finally back at school (grrrrr snow) I am going to start adding in some exercise!

I live in sussex and its nice to have found this thread and I look foward to getting to know you all.

Congrats to everyone that has lost last week and good luck everyone for this week xxx
  • James501
    Options
    Evening all

good to see so many of you are doing well. I started the week with a 4 mile walk and plan the same tomoz morning. the snow will not stop me.

James

246260.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Well I managed to forget to weigh in this morning, and have since walked for 2 hours and done 30 minutes on the exercise bike - nearly 1000 calories burnt! Will weigh in tomorrow, and update my signature.

Nice to see everyone so positive :laugh:
  • barrierfreeman
    Options
    Good evening, another new UK user here. Came to the the site via the iPhone app and thought it would be rude not to say hello to my fellow UK peoples.

So hello :smile:
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone and welcome to Mrsberry and barrierfreeman! Great to see you all here:happy: Mumsanutter, I'm sure you posted on Team UK when I was here last year, nice to see you back here too.

Katherine, good luck on squeezing into the dress. Is it a sparkley one? We need photos! Sounds like it will be a really good night.

Sounds like everyone's doing really well with the exercise. I'll cheer you on from the sidelines until I'm rid of this flu :drinker:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Hi Lorro... Dont worry, i have already promised SugarMummy that i will post some piccies up on here!!

Im doing well on the old food situation atm.. cals are still low.. oops.. BUT its only for a little while longer.. then i can have my birthday cake.. and eat it!!! :laugh: :laugh:

How is everyone doing on the 2nd week in?

Another snowed in day for me today so i havent made it to the gym.. just walked to my friends for a bit of exercise... :drinker:

Going round to a friends now.. PRETTY NEAR YOURS JAMES.. In Merrow.. Except im gonna be lazy n drive! ha.. Too dark and cold now!

Speak to you all tomorrow x Mwha x :heart:
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good evening, another new UK user here. Came to the the site via the iPhone app and thought it would be rude not to say hello to my fellow UK peoples.

So hello :smile:

Hello and welcome to our team! Hope you like the site!! :flowerforyou:
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome mrsberry and barrierfreeman!

Sorry to go so missing - lorro came to find me thanks for thinking of me :flowerforyou:

Work has been absolutely frenetic this week - I work in HR and we have been announcing redundancies so working very long hours :sick: Have been a bit naughty foodwise :blushing: though mainly eating more eg a second low fat yogurt rather than actually naughty things (though I did eat an M&S rocky road yesterday :ohwell: Man did it taste good! :laugh: )

Anyway, weighed in today and lost a pound anyway - probably cos have been exercising hard (its my main means of coping with stress after food). Think I was lucky, am going to try to be more restrained this week :happy:
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    how did i miss the re-start o.0 lol

good to see everyone back,

at last weigh-in (yesterday) i was 147.2lbs and my goal for the next 10 weeks is to get to 139.9 at least
    ive started on the my body my life plan again which ive had the best luck with so far, so hopefully that will help me get back into the 9st catagory
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    how did i miss the re-start o.0 lol

good to see everyone back,

at last weigh-in (yesterday) i was 147.2lbs and my goal for the next 10 weeks is to get to 139.9 at least
    ive started on the my body my life plan again which ive had the best luck with so far, so hopefully that will help me get back into the 9st catagory

Katie - Im in the same boat as you... 9 stone something would be lovely to see on the scales... hopefully some time in feb ill see that!!!

I hope everyone's ok? Been a bit quiet on the UK front this week?

Who else is liking the Facebook style homepage! I think its really motivational to see how everyone is doing as soon as you log on!!!

Gotta dash.. Might be running tonight.. ergh!

x x x
  • barrierfreeman
    Options
    I feel I have been a bit lazy leaving it a week between posts, so here is a belated thanks for the welcome to the MFP world. Hope everyone is on track at the moment. I seem to be chugging along quite well, but it has been a bit of a nightmare cutting out beer, crisps, taste, a social life etc :wink: in this chilly January.

Hopefully i will see some positive progress on my injured knee as its been over 3 months now so getting quite annoying and the biggest thing stopping me from eating what i like....as i could just burn it off doing 30-40m a week. Managed a 7 mile run yesterday, longest distance since October, with a bit of pain today so hopefully it is slowly mending itself. Have had to cancel the 18m run i had entered in Feb tho :explode:

Anyways, keep at it people :smile:
  • James501
    Options
    katie good see you back.

see I had to set up the group as you dropped the ball. lol

how was your xmas and new year??

James x
    Welcome mrsberry and barrierfreeman!

Sorry to go so missing - lorro came to find me thanks for thinking of me :flowerforyou:

Work has been absolutely frenetic this week - I work in HR and we have been announcing redundancies so working very long hours :sick: Have been a bit naughty foodwise :blushing: though mainly eating more eg a second low fat yogurt rather than actually naughty things (though I did eat an M&S rocky road yesterday :ohwell: Man did it taste good! :laugh: )

Anyway, weighed in today and lost a pound anyway - probably cos have been exercising hard (its my main means of coping with stress after food). Think I was lucky, am going to try to be more restrained this week :happy:
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi, is it ok if i join too?
    I live in good old Devon!

My starting weight was 145, and i have lost 3lbs this week!!
    I am doing quite well, but not sure if i shoul dbe concentrating on scales, or dress size...i am going to the gym 4 days a week for an hour, and i know that when i (eventually) start to see the benefits of going to the uni gym, i wont necessarily see the results on the scales, as muscle weighs more than fat (is this correct)?

its great to see others from the UK on here!!
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    katie good see you back.

see I had to set up the group as you dropped the ball. lol

how was your xmas and new year??

James x

i think i dropped the ball the last couple of months lol

it was ok thanks - apart from the fact i managed to put 5lbs back on - other than that it was fine

how was yours?
  • lorro
    lorro Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile:

Shoppie you repaid me last night with a welI timed reminder of how to get over my weekend Diet Disaster. Unless my scales are possessed, I appear to have gained 3 pounds in 6 hours on a mad curry and wine night which actually didn't involve that much eating :huh:. If any of you discover how to have a social life while doing this, PLEASE let me know :laugh: Btw shoppie, I worked in HR about 10 years ago.

Welcome Claire :flowerforyou: I've not been to Devon for years, but my sister is getting married there in May so I'll be heading your way :happy: My uncle lives in Tiverton. Well done on such a good start :drinker: Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, but I reckon you will see the results on the scales too. They usually advise logging measurements on the site too, as well as weight.

Katie, nice to see you again - glad I'm not the only one that goes AWOL :wink: Thanks to James for picking up the slack :smile:

Freeman - you must be on the mend if you ran 7 miles!
  • claire30
    claire30 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hi everyone :smile:

Shoppie you repaid me last night with a welI timed reminder of how to get over my weekend Diet Disaster. Unless my scales are possessed, I appear to have gained 3 pounds in 6 hours on a mad curry and wine night which actually didn't involve that much eating :huh:. If any of you discover how to have a social life while doing this, PLEASE let me know :laugh: Btw shoppie, I worked in HR about 10 years ago.

Welcome Claire :flowerforyou: I've not been to Devon for years, but my sister is getting married there in May so I'll be heading your way :happy: My uncle lives in Tiverton. Well done on such a good start :drinker: Muscle does weigh more than fat by volume, but I reckon you will see the results on the scales too. They usually advise logging measurements on the site too, as well as weight.

Katie, nice to see you again - glad I'm not the only one that goes AWOL :wink: Thanks to James for picking up the slack :smile:

Freeman - you must be on the mend if you ran 7 miles!

Thanks for the advice. I am hoping to see some more results by the end of the month, no, i WILL see results by the end of the month!!!

Cant wait to hit the gym tomorrow morning!!
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    Good morning all! :flowerforyou:

I hope you are all ok? What did you all have for dinner last night, im interested to know because mine was soooper boring!!! :laugh:

Hi Claire, Welcolme to the group! You will fit in easially, everyone here is very supportive!!

I managed to get to the gym... thanks for the *aahhhheeem* motivation James! lol :happy: I felt a lot better when i got home knowing what i had done, i think its time for a run tonight!! :grumble:

I think its good that people on here can pick up this site so easially and get into the swing of things again.. its a good motivational tool!

Well.. for now.. I must get on with my work... :yawn: lol!

Katherine x x
  • kpnuts23
    Options
    (though I did eat an M&S rocky road yesterday :ohwell: Man did it taste good! :laugh: )

Shoppie...
    Argh... I miss those... :sad: