Its great reading seeing success stories but...

Options
1235»

Replies

• PomegranatePriestess
    PomegranatePriestess Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    MY body runs best with sufficient carbohydrates.

Taking a page out of Yoovie's book: I fixed your post for you. Not all bodies run -- or lose weight -- the same way.

Some people's bodies, like mine for instance, run best on fewer carbohydrates. It's genetics, for me. I have grandparents with adult onset diabetes on both sides of my biological family, so I need to watch my carbs.

Please don't read this as anyone telling you that you shouldn't be eating a "carby" diet. Please read this as it was intended: there are people out there who should not be eating a "carby" diet, and I'm one of them.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Eat a lot of chicken
    Do a lot of blow
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I've been successful this time because I have been able to make the mental switch. I literally view and understand food, no longer as a source of pleasure, but as fuel for my body.

MFP's tools, tracking everything, etc... has been a huge help in that regard.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    Options
    thats because everyone does someply completely different.

Even if I do running and you do running - we still eat with different forks and pee at different times.

You know how we all did it?

Trial and Error
    practice makes perfect
    Just keep swimming
    If at first you dont succeed
    plan b
    plan c
    try harder
    try something else
    eat something else
    dont eat something else
    plan f
    start over and retry all those things
    do it again
    do it harder
    do it faster
    do it slower
    sweat
    cool down
    sweat
    eat
    shower
    read
    learn more
    learn WAY more
    trial and error
    practice makes perfect
    succeed.

THIS and I heart you!!! Nice job!
  • rachelerwin
    rachelerwin Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    1200 is what MFP gives me. I never go over that. I workout at the gym seven days a week and see a personal trainer twice a week. So far so good. This is a lifestyle change for me not a diet..
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I make sure I troll the forums every day and the weight just falls off

Yes, the finger that rolls the scroll bar on the mouse is quite thin now.
  • dcat4563
    dcat4563 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
  • p_s_a
    p_s_a Posts: 45
    Options
    I will post pics sometime - I promise. But here is what I did.

I too used MFP's calorie recommendation - set to 2 pound weekly loss. I never exceeded the calorie recommendation. Not once. I didn't even really follow the category recommendations on carbs, protein and all that. Just ate "good" food and stayed under the number. As others have said, when you eat healthily, it is remarkable how satisfied you can be on many fewer calories. Can't say enough about fish!

I started exercising again. Running mostly. Started at 2.5 Miles @ 9.5 minute pace with a stop on most runs, kept going. Now usually run 4-8 miles with an 8 minute pace.

In 5 months (March - Aug) I lost a bit over 50 lbs. From 220 to 170. I am 5'10". I have since dropped about 5 more. When I "sorta cared", I was typically around 190 in my adult years. I have never been under 180 sustainably, but this time is fundamentally different. And, I feel a lot better too.

Now that I am on "maintenance", I have it set to lose .5 pounds (better safe than sorry) and I just stay under the bar. I don't eat my exercise calories back, by the way. I will go over the "unexercised normal", but I won't try to eat them all back. I just eat normally (the new normal).

You seem to be about the same size / goal as me and I'm looking for a little more guidance after a long plateau. What did you set your calorie goal at when you were in the bulk of losing? Did you not eat your exercise calories back during this time as well?
    Thanks for any info..
  • TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I posted this after I did my 120 pounds gone routine. It has my work out, my diary is open to the public.
    I'm not an expert but if people have any questions and I feel like I can help I will. I'm still working on my last 75 pounds so I'm learning too. :0
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/TinGirl314
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Bump for keeps. There is some great info here.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I started on this site in 02/12 and have lost 22 pounds and I am now at my goal weight of 125.

I started out eating only 1000 calories a day because I was used to skipping meals so this was sufficient for me. I did that for a few months and then I started reading about eat more to weigh less so I decided to test the waters out and started increasing my calories by 100 more a day and I would stay at that level for 2 weeks. Every time I increased my calories I would continue to lose. I am now eating 1500 calories a day with very moderate exercise. I have had cheat days and gained a pound or two back but got right back on track and lost them. I still lose a little eating the 1500 calories from time to time and when I do I just increase my calories to 1600 the next day to gain back what I don't want to lose because I am happy where I am at. So far I am happy with what I am doing. I am not the healthiest eater as I do not like veggies much. I love to snack, so i never deprived myself of the foods I loved. I have however cut back on eating fried foods, I have them once in a while like today I had chicken mcnuggets and fries. It's important to make sure you enjoy what your eating and doing so that you can stick with this. It has worked for me :}
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    "i wake up and piss excellence" - Ricky Bobby
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!