Options

Replies

• girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I will have my Degree in Nursing in a few years?
    Does that count??
    One that I will have?? hahaha!

Hopefully wanting to go higher that a degree though, maybe get my honours, masters and possibly even go on to Dr..

Dreams may come true!!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    BS in Electronic Media and Film Studies
    MA in Arts Administration
    MS in Human Resources and Org. Development

Where's your Arts Admin degree from?? I was sure I wouldn't find anyone else on here with that one

(for reference:
    BA - double in Studio Art and Business/Economics
    MA - Visual Arts Administraton)
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    BAs in Philosophy & Psychology. My husband has a degree in Computer Science and is working on an Elementary Ed degree. He wants to teach kindergarten because he thinks it'll be easy, fun and rewarding. Plus we'll have summers off to travel. My goal is to travel around the world as much as we possibly can. I'm a homemaker & sometimes freelance writer for top producing realtors... I help with their blogs. I also write creatively and would like to publish a novel.
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    I spent've spent a while toddling about the education system. Ended up with a BA in English and Education, a Post-grad Diploma in Teaching and a Masters in Management.

I actually really like learning so I'm sure I'll keep doing it as time and finances allow...

My next goal is a fundraising institute qualification if I can manage to get work to pay for it!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Options
    BAs in Philosophy & Psychology. My husband has a degree in Computer Science and is working on an Elementary Ed degree. He wants to teach kindergarten because he thinks it'll be easy, fun and rewarding. Plus we'll have summers off to travel. My goal is to travel around the world as much as we possibly can. I'm a homemaker & sometimes freelance writer for top producing realtors... I help with their blogs. I also write creatively and would like to publish a novel.

Sorry to double post but just wanted to pick up on the 'easy, fun, rewarding' thing. I was a secondary teacher, my mum taught five year olds... it's really not easy at any age group, I think.

Working with kids can be fun and rewarding but it can also be the most stressful, draining and frustrating thing ever. I'd suggest he spend some time observing in a kindergarten (if he can) and having in depth talks with early childhood teachers to make sure it's a career he's likely to be happy with.
  • 180farm
    180farm Posts: 230
    Options
    BA in Business Administration
    Masters in Criminal Justice
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
  • JenKillough
    JenKillough Posts: 474 Member
    Options

Sorry to double post but just wanted to pick up on the 'easy, fun, rewarding' thing. I was a secondary teacher, my mum taught five year olds... it's really not easy at any age group, I think.

Working with kids can be fun and rewarding but it can also be the most stressful, draining and frustrating thing ever. I'd suggest he spend some time observing in a kindergarten (if he can) and having in depth talks with early childhood teachers to make sure it's a career he's likely to be happy with.

Lol. Yes, we've had this discussion often. He has spent time in observation in classrooms already. He also has 2 nieces and a nephew he helped raise so he thinks he knows what he's getting into... I'm still not so sure. He seems to have patience with kids that I don't have... maybe it'll work. I hope so.
  • laurabeerotten
    Options
    BA (Hons) Vocal Music and Spanish Language and Literature

Working on a MPH (Masters of Public Health) and a PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy).
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    B.A. in Psychology
    M.A. in Counseling Psychology
    M.A. in Health Promotion and Human Performance.
    PhD in Health Promotion and Health Education (will finish in 2013...I hope)
  • jenjones28
    jenjones28 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    AS Medical Assisting (found out pay isn't great in this area)
    ^This.
    Working on a BS in Management. Think "people management", not "business management". Plus I think it's funny that in a few months I can put on my resume I have a "BS" in Management.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options

Lol. Yes, we've had this discussion often. He has spent time in observation in classrooms already. He also has 2 nieces and a nephew he helped raise so he thinks he knows what he's getting into... I'm still not so sure. He seems to have patience with kids that I don't have... maybe it'll work. I hope so.

Working with the kids is the fun part. It is everything else that can make the job stressful. This includes politics, administration, parents, paperwork, special needs within a gen Ed setting (love it but extra work and challenges), planning, prep, assessment demands, developing portfolios, committees, meetings, paperwork (repeated for emphasis), teams, working with assistants that may or may not have enough training, keeping up with professional development and more! It's not an 8-3 job and while you do get summers off, part of it will be spent in professional development and getting ready for the new year, especially the years where you change grade levels or the curriculum has changes. If he thinks he would love the job and is passionate about it, go for it. Easy--not so much. Also keep in mind that there really isn't a teacher shortage. He should go in this with his eyes wide open and if his heart is set on it. As far as I'm concerned, my husband, with his DoD government job actually has more time off even though on the surface it doesn't appear that way. Again, if he loves it, he should pursue it.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all!
    You have accomplished so much, you have a great deal to be proud of.
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
    Master of Education in Human Resource Education with a concentration in eLearning
    18 hr. Graduate Certificate in Organizational Management
  • conservativek
    conservativek Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Currently working on a BA in accounting ;)
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    playa hater degree
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    B.A. - Speech Language Pathology / Audiology
    M.S. - General and Special Education Grades 5 - 9

Currently working as a teacher in a juvenile state facility for adolescent girls. I love my job. :P
  • CentralCaliCycling
    Options
    LMRAO!!! All these degrees, honors, mensa... and MOST of you feel/felt like shyt cause you were/are FAT! I can't wait til you all get the Email telling you that losing weight/being skinny/in shape/Built...whatever you want to call it WILL NOT make you Happy, STILL!

Interesting take on others' successes... For what it is worth not everyone on here is/was "FAT" - though some (you) apparently cannot appreciate the work it took to get the degrees, or the advantages they can provide.