Calories burn while preparing food

Options
2»

Replies

• jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I think that people with a disability should be able to log what ever excersise they do that keeps them moving. I'm not saying it should be an everyday thing, I have arthritis and there are so many things I just physically can't do. Until I lose more weight and my joints don't hurt so much I will continue to log house work. As long as I am able to move that day it should count.
  • healthchick
    healthchick Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I only log planned exercise (gym, Zumba, squash etc), anything else is simply a bonus
  • Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Hendrix7 just burned 12 calories replying to this thread.

Sweet.
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    People who are logging calories for preping food are fooling themselves. The most strenuous kitchen task I know of is kneading dough and I wouldn't log that.

Silly
  • aprilwilliams2729
    aprilwilliams2729 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm done answering posts like this one - obviously the OP was not looking for actual answers to her question, just to bash other people to make herself feel good. :grumble: Do what works for you and stop criticizing others who may be at a different place in their journey. I've been on MFP for 40 days now and lost 14 lbs - so what I'm doing is working for me.

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • Littlesmile
    Littlesmile Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Ok, I'm done answering posts like this one - obviously the OP was not looking for actual answers to her question, just to bash other people to make herself feel good. :grumble: Do what works for you and stop criticizing others who may be at a different place in their journey. I've been on MFP for 40 days now and lost 14 lbs - so what I'm doing is working for me.

Well AprilSWilliams, it was not a criticism, but a query.. of course who we r to stop anyone frm logging anything ...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

You keep right on doing what you are doing!! Great job!!
  • rachie25half
    rachie25half Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That's how i feel, and it's nobody's business to make judgments on what i log.
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to log it, don't log it. Those of us who do log it don't need you to worry about us.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Personally...that would drive me CRAZY!!!

I work from home - run a daycare so in between doing "daycare" stuff I am cleaning - cooking - laundry - dishes etc etc. If I log cleaning / food prep I would have to log the things i do with the kids { walked back and forth 5 times getting crayons, paper , paint..changed baby..opened 6 playpens, closed 6 play pens etc etc) Screw that!! - LOL ~ If I logged every movement I made..I would get annoyed and stop logging altogether!

Only my actual exercise gets logged..if I wear my HR monitor..it goes on MFP :)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I probably burned 2 calories preparing dinner, I also probably consumed 2 calories adjusting seasoning as I cooked (have to taste the food) so it's a wash.

That's all I got...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't suppose the activity was "making waffles" was it? :laugh: