am i crazed?

Options
Hi everyone,
i've been doing zumba 4 times a week for 45 mins plus walking 30 mins mon-fri (with a double buggy) and running once a week.
but im not losing as quick as i'd like ,im thinking of bumping it up to ;

45 min zumba +45 min run+ 30ds 5x a week, the walking has to remain as its the school run.

is this ok or am i crazed? lol.

Replies

• Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    How much are you losing? Perhaps easier and more time efficient to try eating 100 cals less per day?
  • johloz
    johloz Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Add in some strength training! Although you may burn more calories DURING the exercise with cardio, a good strength training session will keep your body burning calories for up to 2 DAYS or more. Not only that, but a pound of muscle burns about 75 extra calories a day. Traid in some of your fat for some muscle, and you'll slim down AND get the toned body you are probably looking for. And don't worry about bulking up -- that won't happen to you as a woman unless you're taking supplements or shooting up.
  • babigurl86
    Options
    im currently losing 1/2lb (if that a week ) i eat -1200 cals

i defo want to start strength training, i was hoping 30ds could help with that not worried bout bulking up i've asked for weights as an anniversary gift.lol.

thanks for replies xxx
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Definitely take a look at your nutrition. But you need strength training. Strength training builds those muscles, which raises our metabolism, and burns more calories while at rest. From what I've been reading, too much cardio can actually slow down the metabolism. This is why you really do need to add in that strength training.
  • babigurl86
    Options
    Definitely take a look at your nutrition. But you need strength training. Strength training builds those muscles, which raises our metabolism, and burns more calories while at rest. From what I've been reading, too much cardio can actually slow down the metabolism. This is why you really do need to add in that strength training.

okay, i'll look at my diet and start strength training, thanks for the advice x