I used to love ? and now I cant stand it!!

Options
Hi all!!

Hope u are all doing well with your MFP journey : ) I was thinking about foods I used to love as a child but now i cant stand!! When i was younger (much younger!!) i couldnt get enough of rollmops - tried one a month or 2 ago and it made me want to hurl!!!!! Tell me a food you used to adore but now would rather forget ever existed!!!

Ellie

Replies

• Katrina342
    Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Those circle cheese things? Or the string cheese ones that you used to pull apart? I used to get so excited.... Now they're just gross :P
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Those circle cheese things? Or the string cheese ones that you used to pull apart? I used to get so excited.... Now they're just gross :P

oh cheese strings haha!! should be called plastic strings!!!
  • chelle866
    Options
    tins of makerel in tomato sauce yukkkkkkk!! i used to take makerel sandwiches to school for lunch all the time and now the thought of it makes me want to vom! x
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    oh i love mackerel.....dunno if i've tried it in the tins with tomato sauce tho....i like the tins of sardines - nice on toast!!! x
  • Katrina342
    Katrina342 Posts: 28 Member
    Options

oh cheese strings haha!! should be called plastic strings!!!

I know right?! It's so processed and yuck... I don't like roll ups either, they get stuck in my teeth, annoy the hell out of me!
  • natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Banana Buttys with sugar on,,,,,Urgh the thought :sick:
  • milkyskinn
    milkyskinn Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The very processed, fatty, salty sausages we dutch people eat a lot during winter; (smoked sausage) used to loooooovvveee this as a child, last year I took a bite to try what it was like now when I had switched to eating only lean cuts of meat, and uhg, it didn't taste like anything but greasy fat and salt. Pass me the real meat, please!

Also, cheetos. chewy bits of garbage, if I HAD to choose potato chips for my occasional salty cravings, I'd rather have oven baked or snack on asian crisps, or the paprika-flavored mini rice cakes (snack a jacks) which are just as good and just a far better option, haha.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Llanybydder butter
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Banana Buttys with sugar on,,,,,Urgh the thought :sick:

good god lol - sounds awful!!!! i liked banana sandwiches, not sure about the sugar haha!!
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    The very processed, fatty, salty sausages we dutch people eat a lot during winter; (smoked sausage) used to loooooovvveee this as a child, last year I took a bite to try what it was like now when I had switched to eating only lean cuts of meat, and uhg, it didn't taste like anything but greasy fat and salt. Pass me the real meat, please!

Also, cheetos. chewy bits of garbage, if I HAD to choose potato chips for my occasional salty cravings, I'd rather have oven baked or snack on asian crisps, or the paprika-flavored mini rice cakes (snack a jacks) which are just as good and just a far better option, haha.

i do like a good sausage!!! oh i love snack a jacks - had forgot about them actually!! so thanks for the reminder : )
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Llanybydder butter

never even heard of it!!
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I loved Slurpees!! I still love them but since I've had my 2 kids even 1 drink sends me into a horrible brain freeze that makes me want to smash my face against the wall, which I can't stand.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I can't really think of anything I dislike now that I didn't as a kid, but I can say there's a lot of things I LIKE now that I didn't as a kid - predominantly vegetables. :-)
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    When I was a kid I loved Slurpees!! I still love them but since I've had my 2 kids even 1 drink sends me into a horrible brain freeze that makes me want to smash my face against the wall, which I can't stand.

yeah i know what u mean - like slush puppies!! usually bright blue or red lol!!
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    Options

Dutch here too. Have to confess I still love dutch sausage!!! Give me a plate piled high of mashed potatoes, boiled kale, sausage, and about half a cup of butter and mmmmmm I feel like death but it's soooo good!
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    I can't really think of anything I dislike now that I didn't as a kid, but I can say there's a lot of things I LIKE now that I didn't as a kid - predominantly vegetables. :-)

yeah i know what u mean - i used to hate it when my mum made cous cous and now i love it!!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Sugared donuts. I had one a couple of weeks ago and felt sick after the first bite. Urgh.
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti-O's. I tried them again years ago, and it was a sad, sad day. Really gross.
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Sugared donuts. I had one a couple of weeks ago and felt sick after the first bite. Urgh.

i could eat one of those right now lol!!
  • EllysJellys
    Options
    Spaghetti-O's. I tried them again years ago, and it was a sad, sad day. Really gross.

haha my little boy loves any kind of spaghetti in sauce!!!