Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

High School Dissapointments...

oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Senior year.. I was a HUGE drama nerd. I mean HUGE. So I was in Musical Theatre. We were doing the musical "bye bye birdie" and I SO badly wanted the part of Rosie.
I'd have been PERFECT.
My acting audition went just great.

However the singing portion... at this time in my life i was shy. So I ran off stage crying.

I did NOT get the part of Rosie. A girl I did not like did, and SHE had to DYE her hair to be a cute little brunette.

***grumble***

Months later at graduation a bunch of the girls from the cast drug me into a karaoke booth at our graduation party. Said we were all going to sing a song. They made me do it all by myself. lol

Replies

• ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Oh ****, that's the same with me! I got cast as a guy (with lines) in a play - (avatar suggests im male, but i'm not). I was sad, but I did it anyway...

The next year, I got cast in two major roles - one was a priest, the other a prostitute lol... that was fun!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,716 Member
    My disappointment WAS high school
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member

Okay yeah, me too :( I had to import my prom date from Toronto...
  • My disappointment WAS high school

me too. Its hard to talk about still.
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member

Yep.
  • oregonzoo

Yeah I was a drama nerd. It wasn't great for me either. lol
  • iluvprettyshoes
    iluvprettyshoes Posts: 605 Member
    I had a crush on a guy all through high school but never said anything to him. He got in on the internet boom in the 90's and is now a multi billionaire! Speak up- lesson learned :)
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    I had fun while in H.S.
  • TexasTroy
    TexasTroy Posts: 477 Member
    Well,hhmmm, I wasnt ever in theatre and I wasnt dissapointed in high school -I loved it , but I can damn sure say that not a way in hell Id have enough confidence to sing in front of anybody-not even when Im in the shower....You wouldnt want to here it anyway--ouch!!
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    I loved high school...2nd in my class, all-state in football, starter in basketball, all-district in baseball and tennis and was 1st in district in shot put and 3rd in discussin my district.
  • KatyCrum6969
    KatyCrum6969 Posts: 124 Member

*Is*
  • _GingerSnap_
    _GingerSnap_ Posts: 339 Member

Take about outsider, band geek and metal head here.
  • oregonzoo

Take about outsider, band geek and metal head here.
    Many band geek metal heads I hung out with....
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    I had myself a good time - honors kid, academic clubs, did swimming, crew and soccer..

But my biggest disappointment was not realizing how my life could have been better if I'd just stuck with my guns for swimming. Beginning of HS I qualified nationally in a few events and was asked to join a National Team. At the time it wasn't an option - towards the end of high school, I ended up covering for a nonexistent coach and with that, losing some much needed practice time, squandering my talents... If I'd just continued practicing and joined the national team - I was in line for having a great swimming career and the chance to go to school for cheap.

But nooooooo.... oh well.
  • Darkskinned88
    Darkskinned88 Posts: 1,177 Member
    I was cut from the football team, didn't go to prom, and my younger sister was 103849 times more popular than I was.... :grumble:
  • kobiemom
    kobiemom Posts: 218 Member
    I hope everyone goes to their High School reunion. It immediately hits you that people who had a bad time ended up working hard to succeed. People who had it easy thought they'd always have it easy and didn't work as hard. At least that was my experience. Beauty queen types were still trying to rock the same hair and make-up from years ago. There's probably an Anthropology study on this somewhere.
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    [running through the halls singing] I wanna be an airborne ranger / I wanna lead a life of danger / Before the day I die / There's five things I wanna ride / Bicycle, tricycle, automobile / Virgin's mother and a ferris wheel...
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member

Ugh, this to the millionth power
  • [running through the halls singing] I wanna be an airborne ranger / I wanna lead a life of danger / Before the day I die / There's five things I wanna ride / Bicycle, tricycle, automobile / Virgin's mother and a ferris wheel...

thank you for that.
    cannot...stop...giggling
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member

quoted for truth.