Really need some input!!!

guidosgal
guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all I need some input PLEASE. I am a stay at home Mom (well as much as running errands and a household will allow me to stay put) :smile: I am not sure if I would be consideres sendentary or Lightly active. ( I mean I am up and moving alot (doing house work laundry Ect Ect) I am not sitting on my bum alday. I have been on the site for 7 months and have lost 38 pounds but 3 weeks ago the site changed my intake to 1380 cals a day from 1430 cals a day and it seems like I came to a stand still :grumble: any how I would like some input to what you all think about what activity leval I might be ( I also physicaly help my daught alot because she has C.P (lifting wheelchairs and scooters and helping her in and out of the bath Ect. Thanks

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    I would go with lightly active, and maybe change your weight loss goal to fewer pounds per week (from 2 pounds down to 1.5 or 1, etc.). Try one thing at a time until you find something that works for you!
  • I would put lightly active and go back to your previous calorie intake. My philosophy: don't try to fix what ain't broken!
  • guidosgal
    Thanks Lisa I am at one pound per week and was doing geart then like I said the calorie amount changed to a lower amount and its like I am losing about 1/2 a pound a week.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    I am not sure about your calories, but my little girl has Rett Syndrome and I am also lifting all the time. I wonder though if our bodies get used to that and adapt for it.
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    I'm a stay at home mom too and I too find it confusing... I know I'm not sedetary but I'm not running marathons either! I put the one just more active than sedetary. I can't recall which it is!

That probably wasn't much help but I hope maybe it did a little!
  • guidosgal
    OK how do I change my intake? to what it was?
  • Hi I'm a SAHM too, I lift a 3yo and 1yo a lot and do housework etc. If I don't go to the gym i burn only about 1,800 if I'm lucky. I'm 5'3" and weigh 125lb. So it would depend on your dimensions and amount of muscle too. I just bought a body bugg which tells you how many calories you burn for the whole day. It's helped me tremendously. Now I know for sure if I'll be in a deficit. When I go to the gym I get to eat more!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    OK how do I change my intake? to what it was?

Under the "my home" tab, go to "settings", then choose "update diet/fitness profile" after you continue beyond the first window and get to the second one with the button "get started now," you will get to a page that allows you to set your profile up "Custom" choose this option and you will be able to make changes the way you want, rather than letting the program do it for you automatically.

EDIT: I GOOFED, you actually go to the "Goals" not settings, and it flows from there. I am having trouble keeping up with the changes in the home area--Sorry about that.
  • guidosgal
    Thanks everyone. I was able to change my goals back to what they were (Yeah) I really appreciate the kind words and the advice you ladies all rock :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.