Working Mom looking for Motivation

Options
I am 33 years old and have two great kids a wonderful husband a full time job and NO ENERGY left to motivate myself to do good when it comes to eating healthy and exercising. I love my family and friends but when they say honey you don't need to lose weight we love you just the way you are I want to scream. I need motivators to push me to not only lose weight but to get healthy!

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am 23 just had a baby girl. Yes I am up all the time, and I get up at 4am and work until 530 pm, come home, work out an hour (maybe more) and then stay up till at least midnight taking care of things, and sleep till 4 (if there are no issues). It was exhausting, and i definatly had let myself go during her pregnancy. First I looked at myself, and took pictures of myself, then i found someone i wanted to at least look like (for motivation) and put the pictures together. I have never really had fit friends or family, so i had to get motivated on my own. I told (still tell) myself everyday "Yes I want to be fit, to be skinny, to not have to worry if my shirt catches on fire - can i take it off without being ashamed of my body. If i want my goal then i have to work for it. If i dont work out now, i wont work out tomorrow, i wont work out at all. How do i expect to get to a goal if i dont start?" So even though i come home tired or not even feeling like working out i just thought-"Don't give up what you want now, for what you want most". Now I am down 32 lbs and am more flexible, stronger, slimmer, not exactly where i want but once you see results then things definatly come faster. Some times i dont even have time to work out - but 10 min of HIIT is good enough for a day for me. And I know how you feel about the family, no one told me i was getting fat (because they are all fat) so i really had to straighten myself out. Now i hate them when they tell me i look so thin because i am still so far from my goal lol (which honestly my goals will change once i get what i want) Its a LIFESTYLE change not a 2 month thing. It was hard as hell for me to give up drinking and eating bad - because my family would always cook unhealthy stuff and expect me to eat with them (still do), but now that i had the will power and did this for MYSELF instead of trying to please people I am so much happier. At the end of the day I am the one who has to look at myself, and might as well be sexy right?