Isanity 3 week

Options
2»

Replies

• lellie_zpk
    Options
    Counting cals will do the trick-- at 155 wanting to lose 7- 1200 seems low, but you can try that and see how you feel. By netting 1200- I mean if you burn 450 doing insanity, you eat 1650 for the day. That would NET you 1200 (1650-450 burned=1200). As I got closer and closer to where I wanted to be I had to eat more to continue losing weight-- but always was at some form of deficit.

Do you have a HRM to estimate your burn?

yes i do have a hrm i burn around 300 depending on the workout.
  • sheilahoff5
    Options
    I will tell you what I learned when I was and still am in your shoes and feeling so dicouraged!

1. Make sure you are eating enough, I was only eating about 1500 calories a day and that's just not enough when you are doing Insanity.
    2. This is the most important, when doing Insanity - the SCALE IS EVIL! Your body is changing, I promise! But you are turning fat into lean muscle and you will notice changes in the way your clothes fit, etc. long before you drop those pesky pounds! Keep faith, you can't do this intense of a workout and not benefit!
    3. I also have 10 pounds to lose, that is the hardest to get rid of, probaby will come off slowy but it will come off!
    4. Don't give up and keep pressing PLAY!! I start month 2 next week and I hear that is when the weight starts to come off, I will keep you posted if you want to friend me :)

Don't give up, it's worth it and you will change, dig deep and keep pressing PLAY!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I started the 2nd month this week. I actually gained a lb during the first month and my inches went nowhere. I do, however, notice a difference in tone and definitely in endurance. I've been told by a few people that the 2nd month is when you start to notice a change. So I guess we'll see...
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity back in July and though only lost a couple of pounds, I lost a total of 9 inches and gained an enormous amount of endurance and strength. Don't give up, keep pressing play and digging deeper!!
  • bmkehr
    Options
    Going to start Insanity in a few weeks !!! I hear everyone reacts differently but most react favorably after on it for a while. keep with it as your body may be resisting for now but will begin to show benefits soon.

Big Daddy from Cincinnati
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting week 3. During the first couple of weeks, I had to up my calorie intake to keep from starving all the time. It took some tweaking. Meanwhile, I actually gained 3 or 4 pounds. I also started logging only about half the calories I was burning with Insanity. I just felt like I was maybe eating too many calories back when I first bumped it up.

Well, don't go by my diary for the last couple of days as I was also sick with a stomach virus, but maybe look at it for the week prior to that. I use a HRM as well, and it shows that I'm burning an average of 700 calories most days. But, like I said, I am only logging about half the calories I burn now.

Edited to add: I was going to tell you I weighed myself today, and I'm back to the weight I was when I started Insanity. So, I feel pretty confident that I'm about to start seeing some weight loss. I'm going to keep pushing play. Good luck.
  • fitbugfreak
    fitbugfreak Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    she would weight 155 lbs - 14 lbs/stone
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I didn't lose weight doing Insanity, but certainly got stronger and built up my endurance. Weight is not the only reason to do the program.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Stick with it. I wasn't losing weight in the beginning either and I'm losing inches though. I'm measuring myself every two weeks and today I finally hit my goal weight. I'm sure your endurance is building and your body is tightening up. I know my butts listed and my legs are getting stronger. It will happen. Just stick to the program.
  • cksgirl
    Options
    Hi, I'm Val and I'm into my second full week of Insanity. Feel great but no weight loss. I misplaced diet book so I'm eating crazy after the workout! I have just joined myfitnesspal.com and can't understand why Insanity workout is not on their exercise board. I'm just trying to complete each dvd without stopping. Can't compute the number of calories burned. Suggestions are welcomed.
  • lellie_zpk
    Options
    Hi, I'm Val and I'm into my second full week of Insanity. Feel great but no weight loss. I misplaced diet book so I'm eating crazy after the workout! I have just joined myfitnesspal.com and can't understand why Insanity workout is not on their exercise board. I'm just trying to complete each dvd without stopping. Can't compute the number of calories burned. Suggestions are welcomed.

hi there,

It is a shame that they dont have the workouts on here but i just went a bought a hrm which tells you how many cals you are burning.