Need some new "friends" for support

Options
WDEvy
WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
Hi,

I'm Evy, I'm gonna turn 30 very soon and I've fnally reached that point where I want to do this for me, not to look "hot" or to be thin, but because I want to be healthy. I recently married someone I want to spend a long, long time with and I don't want to see our life together cut short because I'm obese and I have been all my life.

I'm highly motivated right now, but I would love some new MFP friends that interact to help me stay motivated for as long as it will take to shed the other 89.5 lbs!

Feel free to add me and comment!!

Cheers!

Replies

• FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Agree! If you get healthy - looking healthy will defintly follow :)!
  • WDEvy
    Options
    Agreed! I managed step one which was quitting smoking. Going on 3 weeks without a cigarette,quite a thing after 15 yrs. Now, ttime to change my relationship with food and excercise!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I hear ya. I quit cold turkey 4 months ago, only slipped once - but it was a bad slip lol. That was defiantly the first thing that had to go though!
  • JLReimer
    JLReimer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's great! I just joined MFP-- I was doing "LoseIt" for the last year, but I am currently 7.5 mos pregnant, and I'd heard this site had a little better food database (which it does) and the other site was getting a little too "facebook-y"-- more about the "friends" and chats and such. I basically am just using this to TRY not to go too far overboard on the consumption, and can worry about the actual LOSING once I hatch the kid. :) Right now I just need to monitor my intake.

I also quit smoking a couple years ago after about 20 years or so of a pack or more a day. I'm sure it helped contribute to my weight gain some, but I feel alot better now. And I don't smell. And no more random burn holes in clothing and car seats. And it helps my hubby doesn't smoke. I think alot of ex-smokers have weight issues just because they aren't sure what to do with their mouth and hands now.
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just turned 30 and quit smoking this year as well, back in January actually. I also smoked for 15 years and I have really started noticing the difference. I actually ran last night and felt good when I was done... amazing! I log in everyday and I am hoping to share encouragement to keep this going! Send me a request if you'd like!
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I sent you a request.
  • WDEvy
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who added me!
  • leekat14
    leekat14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I just recently joined. Congrats to you on everything and a new challenge. You'll have rough patches, I know I did, but trying to get back into the groove of things. I have 20 lbs to go and I want to tone up. I look forward to helping motivate and will take some in return (the whole reason in me joining MFP). I need motivation because I was trying to do it on my own. It worked for a little while, then I slowly died down. Wishing you the best!
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    Hi, I'm new too. It's great to meet you and it's awesome that you've set your eyes on a great prize, a longer, healthier life! Cheers!:wink:
  • chellec23
    chellec23 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    If you are able to quit smoking alone, that is quite a big step toward getting healthier! I wish my dad had listened to all the nagging and begging I had done for him to stop...he might still be with us if he had.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hi! I will definitely send a friend invite your way. I am new to the site, and also have quite a chunk of my chunk that I need to shed. :tongue: Best of luck to you!
  • WDEvy
    Options
    If you are able to quit smoking alone, that is quite a big step toward getting healthier! I wish my dad had listened to all the nagging and begging I had done for him to stop...he might still be with us if he had.

It was my wedding gift to my husband. I promised him I wouldn't smoke after the wedding and it's been 3 weeks today and I haven't. Working out regularly is helping with te cravings.
  • Hi, Evy! I have similar motivations to yours and I try to be very supportive to my friends so I would be happy to share this journey with you.
  • Hi, Evy! I have similar motivations to yours and I try to be very supportive to my friends so I would be happy to share this journey with you.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Same story with me! Being good is ok, but being great would be so much better! Kudo's to you!