Song suggestions

Options
My playlist is getting old. I love to run to really poppy songs.

A few from my list are:
Brokenhearted - Karmin
Barbie Girl- Aqua
3 - Britney Spears

Any suggestions on fun, upbeat songs?

Replies

• Luciabella07
    Luciabella07 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I did a Pandora playlist with Katy Perry - E.T, Written in the Stars by Tinie Tempah and Like a G6 by Far East Movement and Down on Me by Jeremih . It came out with a pretty good playlist.
  • dmurphy1975
    dmurphy1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I use my android phone's Pandora App. Start with a song that you like and see where it goes. The best thing is that you find songs that you had forgotten about or never would have heard anywhere else. For me I started with Twisted Sister.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I really like running to Katy Perry. I have Peacock on my list right now ;)
  • tinad120
    Options
    I use my android phone's Pandora App. Start with a song that you like and see where it goes. The best thing is that you find songs that you had forgotten about or never would have heard anywhere else. For me I started with Twisted Sister.

I hate the commercials! I've switched to Spotify, but their radio just doesn't GET me like Pandora used to! :P
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    My current list:

Rise Above It - Switchfoot
    Cobrastyle - Teddybears
    Rotating Head - The English Beat
    Rush (New York City Club Version) - Big Audio Dynamite
    Are You Feelin' It - Teddybears
    Vergito - U2
    Burn Out Bright - Switchfoot
    Magsaysay Suite - The Bourne Legacy (makes me run like I'm Aaron Cross or Jason Bourne :tongue:)
    I'm too Sexy - Right Said Fred
    My Brain Says Stop But My Heart Says Go - FM Static
    Slippery People - Talking Heads
    Light Up The Sky - Thousand Foot Crutch
    Mess Of Me - Switchfoot
    Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
    Extreme Ways - Moby
    Aaron Run - The Bourne Legacy (I'm on a bit of a Bourne kick! This one is only about a minute, and good for a sprint during the run)

I hit shuffle and I'm off!
  • NinjaBeth90
    Options
    Lol you cant get much more poppy right now than One Direction :)
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    The Killers-All these things I've done. Great for the cool down portion of your run.
  • tinad120
    Options
    Lol you cant get much more poppy right now than One Direction :)

I feel dirty when I even start to think of One Direction or Justin Beiber. Although most (all?) are legal :P
  • goldenbrown88
    goldenbrown88 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I tend to listen to anything that's a bit arrogant and swaggerific haha. So Rihanna's 'Rated R' album, and also her recent one, 'Talk that Talk', along with the Jay Z/Kanye Watch the Throne album.

My gym plays loads of cheesy euro house upbeat stuff which works too!

*honourable mention to that new Taylor Swift song. Wtf it gets me so excited!
  • tinad120
    Options
    I tend to listen to anything that's a bit arrogant and swaggerific haha. So Rihanna's 'Rated R' album, and also her recent one, 'Talk that Talk', along with the Jay Z/Kanye Watch the Throne album.

Yeah, my fiance laughs and says I'm like a 12-year-old girl.(He's also heard me get excited over Demi Lovato & Selena Gomez) :blushing:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options

Are we the same person! All of this is me!
  • tdrusk
    tdrusk Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    These suggestions may not be in your tastes, but I like anything by Hatebreed. Such motivational music.
  • dmurphy1975
    dmurphy1975 Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I hate the commercials! I've switched to Spotify, but their radio just doesn't GET me like Pandora used to! :P

The premium service doesn't have commercials. I pay the yearly subscription because I also listen all day at work.
  • scottg1024
    Options
    Anything by Rick James...but then I'm an old fart.
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Anything dubstep makes me totally work harder. But...it's not for everyone. It can get pretty annoying if you don't like it or you're not in the mood for it.
  • jensweighingin
    jensweighingin Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love poppy stuff. I have brokenhearted, call me maybe, how we do, I want you back, S and M, sexy chick, shake it, just dance, ditty, california girls, disturbia on mine
  • tinad120
    Options
    Anything dubstep makes me totally work harder. But...it's not for everyone. It can get pretty annoying if you don't like it or you're not in the mood for it.

I've tried running to dubstep, and I can't do it. although I do like it outside the gym :)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 30s and teenie bopper music is ALL on my ipod.
    Rhianna-Fell in Love in a Hopeless Place
    Beyonce-Single Ladies
    Carly Rae Jepson-Call Me Maybe
    Taylor Swift-Never getting back together
  • B1gH0g
    B1gH0g Posts: 361
    Options
    Kickstart My Heart - Motley Crue
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    P!nk, Beyonce, Ke$ha, Chris Brown, Pitt Bull........................today's stuff.......really get's me motivated!!!