MFP made me realize

Options

Replies

• autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    That Fitness can be fun specially when you have wonderful people backing you!!!

This!! When I first started on here I had no friends at all and it really wasn't much fun - I just logged in and put my foods and/or exercise in for the day - I wasn't really motivated at all. BUT now that I have so many WONDERFUL MFP friends I absolutely can't imagine my day without all of them and their encouragement and support - Like I am ALWAYS saying - I have THE BEST MFP Family EVER!! I am so glad to have found this site!!:heart:

ETA: Was that too long? lol
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    That people who surround themselves with armies of dedicated, driven, hilarious, serious when they need to be, supportive fun people wake up all of those qualities in themselves.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    That I can have a treat or even a whole day of treats and start over directly after. I don't have to stop & give up.
    Oh! And that I need to see it as a treat and not a cheat. :drinker:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    Very true, and I NEVER thought it could've been true 5 months ago.
  • 2boypeas
    Options
    That Fitness can be fun specially when you have wonderful people backing you!!!

That!
  • Staceychanges94
    Options
    mfp made me realize that eating healthy and avoiding junk foods is actually easier and tastier.
  • Timmyttt418
    Timmyttt418 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    MFP made me realize that I was eating myself to an early grave!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    That I can have a treat or even a whole day of treats and start over directly after. I don't have to stop & give up.
    Oh! And that I need to see it as a treat and not a cheat. :drinker:

So true.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That It Looks Really Funny If You Capitalise Every Word.

And also that sticking your neck out and trying to help people can pay dividends.

It's also a good way to lose your head.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    562018_380565592017489_384360199_n.jpg
  • natty_34
    Options
    Exactly. If you aren't mentally ready to make the change, don't bother. There are no excuses if you really want it bad enough.

I think I might make that last part into a poster! So TRUE! :bigsmile:
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    MFP made me realize that I'm friggen awesome!
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That MFP is more of a social site than a workout site? YESH.

thank god.... no one else in my life will let me combine being active with social networking. All my out of shape facebook friends were about to lynch me. THANK GOD for THIS place.\

^^ This!! My FB friends don't wanna hear about it, lol. Here, when I get in a good workout, everyone says "hell yes!" instead of "STFU"!
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    wooohoooo!!
    Woohoo.jpg \m/

Swear I know this guy...
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Amen!! When it becomes habit, it becomes easier and easier!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That MFP is more of a social site than a workout site? YESH.

thank god.... no one else in my life will let me combine being active with social networking. All my out of shape facebook friends were about to lynch me. THANK GOD for THIS place.\
    Agree 100% ^
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Agree, once it "clicks" it sticks.
    ^ I LIKE IT!! :-)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    When I started 5 month ago, I honestly thought I would stop logging after the first week. It's just a habit now to document everything I eat which helps me a lot on staying the course.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Once You're Disciplined To Enough To Make A Lifestyle Instead Of A Chore It's Smooth Sailing

As someone who's maintained her weight and never been overweight, I don't think it's ever completely smooth sailing.

Yes, it does help to internalize the values of being healthy and active and they structure your days. But it's a daily challenge and as you get older, you usually have to become more, rather than less vigilant.

"As someone who can't relate, I think you're wrong."

2ihs9i9.gif
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    http___i794photobucketcom_albums_yy223_playwhatgoeson_NPH-HIMYM_BarneyHeadSplode-GIF.gif