new year new start for me

alyson212
alyson212 Posts: 14
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
Hey all i just joined the site today been using the i phone app for a while. Today has been my first serious day of trying to loss weight. My big goal is to get back down to 135 before July so i can start trying my baby number 3!!! Started the 30 day shred today ouch!! heh

Hope to meet some great folks to help each other into a healthy lifestyle!!

Alyson

Replies

• infobabe
    infobabe Posts: 23 Member
    Hey everyone that is starting over I am too. At 35 find myself at 205 want to get down to 160 by this summer. Not working right now so can be online and more accountable. It does help to have an accountability partner and workout buddy. I am trying to meet others that have same goals as I do. *** My kicker is when stressed out and let myself get too hungry I am not so accountable for my calories. Also get the cravings around my monthly cycle. I crave salt and sugar. Love Jillian Michaels got the book Master Your Metabolism. Had a physical for age 35 good health, but overweight. Not on any medication and I am taking Vita D for my mood, Calcium, and magnesium. I used to be on antidepressants quit this past July so the weight was not coming off very fast. Now trying again new year 2010 will be skinny year for me woo hoo!. I am trying to keep my carbs at 50% or lower, use protein powder after my workouts, increase fruits and veggies, and when I get hungry I reach for apples, yogurt, popcorn. *** Be patient with yourself and just get yourself moving. Drink lots of water. I'm thankful I can still go to the gym 3 days a week for 30 min on elliptical, treadmill or stationary bike. I am trying to weight lift to add muscle, hoping this will work too. I also like to walk for health fundraiser events to fight disease. I go hiking in the mountains here. I live in the great smoky mountains. I work in healthcare doing medical billing and coding, no kids, that's my youngest niece in the picture. No schedule right now except to workout. So write me sometime! -Dawn
This discussion has been closed.