Ready to get off the roller coaster

ChannyRae
ChannyRae Posts: 3 Member
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I just started today. I am very excited about it. With this kind of accountability, I believe I can actually stick to it this time. I am a former athlete. My weight goes up and down. I will lose 40 pounds and gain it back over the course of 2-3 years. I swore I would never get fat again the last time. Ughh! I can do it. You can do it. Lets go!
Chantel

Replies

• chipgal
    chipgal Posts: 140 Member
    You will find much help here. I enjoy the neat graphs that let you look at your progress in a snapshot. Keeps me on the right track.
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Great attitude! You will be successful and you will love this site!
  • You sound just like me. I'm good at gaining weight and losing weight, just not maintaining. This time last year I was at my goal weight and swore I would never put the weight back on and here I am again at my "I've had enough" weight.
    This time I'm relying on God's strength (I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13) instead of my own will power. My will power doesn't last very long.
    You can do this Chantel and we're all here to encourage you!
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    I understand, when I hit 200 I told myself it was a mistake on the scale, and now at 217 it's time to stop making excuses!
    You have my support. :)
  • ChannyRae, I so identify. I am one of those who loves physical activity but finds myself going back and forth on the scale. Perhaps we can support each other, both in the exercise and the food department! I am at 198, want to lose at least 50 (preferably 60 pounds but 50 sounds so much more manageable, lol). In any case, good luck in your journey this time! And here's to getting off the yo-yo!
This discussion has been closed.