Diet Devotion - march 4th

Options
Psalm 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Jim's watch alarm beeped as the clock struck four. It sounded every hour and every half hour. I turned to him and asked him what he had set so many alarms for. 'I'm on a diet. Every time my watch goes off, I take a moment to say a prayer to God. It may sound crazy, but it has made this the easiest diet I've ever tried. It calms me down and gets my mind off food for awhile. I feel like I've got a partner, and you know, it's always easier to do something when you don't have to do it alone.'
Today's thought: I can be brave during the tough times, because God is with me!

Replies

• PammyB3130
    PammyB3130 Posts: 203
    Options
    Psalm 50:15
    And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Jim's watch alarm beeped as the clock struck four. It sounded every hour and every half hour. I turned to him and asked him what he had set so many alarms for. 'I'm on a diet. Every time my watch goes off, I take a moment to say a prayer to God. It may sound crazy, but it has made this the easiest diet I've ever tried. It calms me down and gets my mind off food for awhile. I feel like I've got a partner, and you know, it's always easier to do something when you don't have to do it alone.'
    Today's thought: I can be brave during the tough times, because God is with me!
  • lorelai63
    lorelai63 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting my day off right today Pammy. I appreciate what you have said and shared. Thanks again, Lolly
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I pray every night and one of the things I always do is thank God for keeping me focused and helping me have the will to keep going in my new lifestyle. I never take anything for granted and know I have help!
  • babyhippo
    babyhippo Posts: 247
    Options
    :smile: Thanks Pammy. I so appreciate these posts each day. :smile:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    :smile: