What do you guys do for cardio?

Options
3 days of lifting and 3 days of running/100 various pushups

I'm going to add jumping rope before my Sunday run

Replies

• thathockeychick23
    Options
    I try to do cardio every day, with 3-4 really intense strength days. Since I'm always busy with school, I tend to do 20-30 minute tabata inspired HIIT workouts. It burns a lot of calories plus I get a really nice afterburn affect. The weekends I tend to do Power Yoga.
  • clumsygermangurl
    Options
    I run doing my C25K app three times a week, and walk the other two!
  • whatever33
    Options
    Elliptical daily.. switch betweein hiit training and playing basketball other days.. Prob start more hiit training to get more cuts!!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I circuit run (walk 10s, run 20s) for about 30 min. I love HIIT as my cardio though - every other day. I run every day. Lift on days I dont do HIIT
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am doing the P90X lean routine, and on top of that I powerwalk or jog everyday with my dog.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I walk every day and run at least 3 days per week. I am also currently doing 30 Day Shred, which is a mix of cardio and strength.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    lift weights at full effort...
  • GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oh and when I run, I use the Zombies, Run app. Its super fun.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Walking and jogging. I have been wanting to buy a jump rope. It is supposed to burn more calories than any other cardio.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    30 -65 mins on the Pecor Crossramp at my gym
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Weights x5/week, Cardio 1-2/week- Cardio is usually a bike ride, run, boxing, or plyometrics
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    All kinds of stuff! Run, walk, HIIT run/walks, elliptical, stationary bike, stairmill, stairstepper, treadclimber and rowing machine. Wish we had an arc trainer at my regular gym (at work) but I do get access to one in the winters when I join a gym for my weekend burns.
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, bench press, overhead press, chin ups, dips, POWER CLEANS

When I want to do more than that, I just do some simple treadmil.
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Running 3-4 times a week (training for a marathon), and recently about 2 or 3 days of SL 5x5 weightlifting. I also randomly play tennis when my friends are available
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    No cardio for me lately. But in the past, Insanity, all the P90X cardio workouts, some running and bicycling.
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Options
    Dancing, and running
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    I walk every day.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Sex.
  • samlankford
    Options
    insanity, the asylum, stair running, walking, mountain bike
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I do strength training/heavy lifting at least 3-4 days out of the week.

For cardio, it depends on the week. I've been training for 5Ks (one being the Zombie run), so a ton running, jogging, spinning, biking, jump roping, hot yoga, and hiking since the weather is still nice!

I might be throwing in some boxing classes soon too! :bigsmile: