Favorite Healthy Snack

Options
jdelisle
jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
What is your favorite healthy snack?

Mine is a sliced apple dipped in 1 tbsp peanut butter. Its around 150 calories (depending on the kind of apple/peanut butter)... Sounds like a lot for a snack but it's super tasty and really fills me up!

Whats yours? Would love some new ideas to keep it fresh :)

Replies

• Trav
    Trav Posts: 2,022
    Options
    turkey jerky is my fav
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Apples, Bananas, or Archer Farms Cranberry Cashew blend :)
  • Amberly10
    Amberly10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I love any fresh fruits or veggies. One of my fave raw veggies is cut up red bell pepper. I don't know the calories off hand. If I need something more filling I have 1/2 of whole wheat pita bread filled with 2 slices of ham, 1 tbs miracle whip and 1/2 slice american cheese. You could also do the lowfat Miracle whip and lowfat cheese but I just eat the regular. Also you can put salad mix in there with some cut up chicken breast and light dressing. Again, I don't have the calories for you off hand but they aren't too bad and very YUMMY!!

Oh yeah, almonds are yummy!! They don't really fill me up though. In fact I have to stay away from nuts because I will eat them all day long lol.
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    1 wedge laughing cow with 1/3 of dried sweetened cranberries
    OR
    1 medium banana with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
    OR
    half cucumber sliced with pico de gallo or one wedge laughing cow french onion
    OR
    1 ounce pistachios or almonds
  • passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    1/2 diced cucumber (soak in vinegar for 1-2 minutes)
    diced sm-med tomato
    1 TBSP 2 % finely shredded cheese

mix all together and sprinkle with salt and pepper, and eat with serving of wheat crackers. So YUMMY!
  • hollyroode
    Options
    A really good alternative to tostitoes is wonton wraps. My sisters and I cut them into triangles, season them with garlic powder and bake them in the oven. 10 wonton wraps is about 120 calories (which makes 20 triangles) compaired to about 260 calories for 12 restaurant style tostitoes!
  • passionhi
    passionhi Posts: 118
    Options
    And another is 1/2 an apple, and 1 single serve of land-o-lakes cheese.
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A wedge of laughing cow creamy swiss and some wheat thins.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. I love any fresh fruits or veggies. One of my fave raw veggies is cut up red bell pepper. I don't know the calories off hand. If I need something more filling I have 1/2 of whole wheat pita bread filled with 2 slices of ham, 1 tbs miracle whip and 1/2 slice american cheese. You could also do the lowfat Miracle whip and lowfat cheese but I just eat the regular. Also you can put salad mix in there with some cut up chicken breast and light dressing. Again, I don't have the calories for you off hand but they aren't too bad and very YUMMY!!

Oh yeah, almonds are yummy!! They don't really fill me up though. In fact I have to stay away from nuts because I will eat them all day long lol.

I really like the idea of the 1/2 whole wheat pita w/meat, salad mix and dressing. I will have to try that. Thank.

I generally eat fruit, yogurt w/granola or a fiber bar. I really like the apple slices w/peanut butter and the yogurt and granola.
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    I love those 90 cal Crispy Delights, or those 100 cal oreo thinsensation things.
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options
    red seedless grapes with cottage cheese
  • mkoff32
    mkoff32 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hummus on grain toast!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Try a caramel (or other flavor) rice cake with some natural peanut butter and half of a sliced banana. :)
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Fresh blueberries and cottage cheese.
    I also like peaches or strawberries with cottage cheese.
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    An apple
    Quaker LF smores granola bar
    Special K bar
    tootsie rolls
  • msladyface
    Options
    I really love baby carrots with a little fat free ranch to dip
    Any nut that I can find! :tongue:
    Kashi has some really good cereals that are good to throw in a bag and snack on while I'm at work too.
    Popcorn - it's not the best but a 100 calorie bag will last me a few hours!
  • volks80
    volks80 Posts: 56
    Options
    carrots w/ peanut butter is yummy too
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

I eat that too jzBaby, so good & filling.
    I also love a 1/2 cup of Plain NonFat Yogurt, 2 tbls of thawed blueberries, 1 tbls of diced walnuts & a pinch of granola!!!!
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have a hard boiled egg with an apple almost everyday. So yummy!
  • jzbaby626
    jzbaby626 Posts: 466
    Options

I eat that too jzBaby, so good & filling.
    I also love a 1/2 cup of Plain NonFat Yogurt, 2 tbls of thawed blueberries, 1 tbls of diced walnuts & a pinch of granola!!!!

i know i love it lol..ooo that sounds really good too! i am gonna have to try that!!