One of my not so supportive supporters... :)

Options
So last night after dinner and watching What to Expect When You're Expecting (hilarious BTW!!). I FORCED my oh so lazy, super skinny, and full of complaints 17 y/o sister to come with me to the park for a quick walk.

When we were at home she did nothing but tell me how I was crazy if I thought she was going with me and how she doesn't like working out, and that she hated me (we are pretty rough with each other, but it's only cuz we know we love each other. LOL) these comments pretty much continued until we were at the park. So we get to the park and just to annoy her I make her stretch and warm up with me. Then we start off our little walk/ run.

I love that although I was out of breathe at the end of our little walk/run she was too, maybe even more than me. :P I just think it's funny how she thinks that just because she is skinny that she is fit.

NOT TRUE... and this is what ended up motivating me after all of her negative comments: When we started doing sit ups, cooling down, and stretching she tells me how she feels like she has more energy... which is what I told her would happen!! We were both cheerleaders some time ago and so we ofcourse had to be in shape and learn how to do the splits... During our stretch I mention I could still do the splits (mind you this was over 10 years for me) and she doesn't believe me... So I do them and the look on her face was priceless!! She was in total amazement that I could be my size and be able to do the things that she is not.

I now feel more motivated to continue to lose weight, because I am pretty amazing no matter how much I seem to forget that.

Isn't it funny how little things like suprising your little sister can keep you motivated? Have you guys had any experiences like this when something so small helped you stay on track? Well, let's hear it!!

Replies

• hollimahoney
    Options
    I think it's great you are motivating a healthier lifestyle to your friends and family! When we start our journey it usually is because of weight. But I think the majority of us that keep with it do it because of wanting to be healthier, not just thinner. Paying it forward is so rewarding and she will thank you some day for "dragging" her with you!
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Great story :happy: way to stay motivated :flowerforyou: ....Now if only I could still do splits :ohwell:
  • vaniadoll
    vaniadoll Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I think it's great you are motivating a healthier lifestyle to your friends and family! When we start our journey it usually is because of weight. But I think the majority of us that keep with it do it because of wanting to be healthier, not just thinner. Paying it forward is so rewarding and she will thank you some day for "dragging" her with you!

Thank you. I care about her soo much and she just like to sleep and watch TV lately... I swear I don't know how she stays soo thin... LOL totally hating... I don't think that's healthy for her so anything I can do to get her to do something healthy I will try. :) Plus, I hate doing things by myself.
  • vaniadoll
    vaniadoll Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great story :happy: way to stay motivated :flowerforyou: ....Now if only I could still do splits :ohwell:

LOL Thank you :smooched: ... and hey!!! Anyone can do splits It just takes a little dedicated stretching...