What to eat

shawley1
shawley1 Posts: 25
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I am eating my exercise calories but need a little advice as to what else you burn other than "caloric" wise....

For the day if I am at my fat/sugar/sodium intake maximum's, what should I be replacing my exercise earned calories with. I guess a brief on my situation would help! I eat, work(sit), and log everything all day....after dinner is when I exercise and by then I aim to be around all of my intake goals. So if I am going to have a snack after I work-out to consume those calories what would be my best bet and have I earned any fat/sugar/sodium by doing the exercise?

I guess that I could just track it all before hand to allow myself room for the snack when I am done working out??? My point is after my work-out, I have a few hundred calories to consume but am already at my other (fat/sugar/sodium/carb) limits....

HOPE This makes sense LOL...and thanks for any input...even if you think I am typing in circles ;)

Replies

• autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Thought about this a little. If i was u i would find a snack that works for u, i am not a person that can go to bed on an empty tummy so i always leave room in my calories for some kind of carb that is bread like. That's what works for me :smile: Dieting is a way of life u must make it a life style or the change will not stick. If you are worry about fat/sugar/carbs eat only good snacks at night I tried this myself but i was still hungry so i went back to what worked for me. A CARB SNACK AT NIGHT:wink: i know it not the best choice but it just works
  • Thanks...I am confused, becuase you have to earn SOME fat/sugar/sodium back right? ( Along with those exercise calories)...or am I way off? :tongue:
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    When you add exercise into your journal you are given additional calories. MFP goes by percentages, so if you look at your food log, it will increase the fat/carbs/protien goals according to the percentages. Not sure what it does with sodium and sugar as I dont' track it.

Truthfully, I don't worry about tracking much of anything other than calories. I keep an eye on protien, fat and carbs, but don't make any real effort to match MFP numbers. I make sure I have a protien/fat/carb with most my meals and snacks. I usually come out a little high on the protien side and a little low on the fat side, but I don't worry about it as it all seems to even out throughout the week. If you're not eating junk, you'll probably come out all right.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Normally, your carbs, fat and protein should go up as you get some exercice calories in the same proportions set in you goal. Sugar, sodium, fiber, calcium, etc. aren't set as % of total calories so once you reach your daily maximum, it won't increase even though you exercice.

That being said, I guess it means you are looking for high protein, low fat post workout snacks ;)

How about a glass of chocolate milk ? Or a protein powder shake ?
This discussion has been closed.