Over-Sensitive....? On-line Dating...

Options

Replies

• MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I've been there...the next guy after someone has broken her heart and done everything possible to make her unhappy....she just tried to move on too quickly and I was a casualty cause I treat a woman like a Queen
    Ha! Well, love is war, and war results in casualties!
    I hate to think how many casualties are in my broken-hearted- wake!:ohwell:
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry you went through that, he was cruel. Please don't take it personally, he prob thought it was funny without thinking there are real people with real feelings on the internet. That guy will never have a long-term or happy relationship, who'd want to be with someone like that. Can you report him to the site?

Anyway you are adorable and you are on a quest for health, if someone isn't supportive of that- screw them!
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I actually haven't been on there since that happened. I think I might just delete it. Those websites actually make me feel worse because everyone is just looking for a one night stand and I'm not.

Maybe I just need to concentrate on myself and take some time for me.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Send this back to him:

1346988467513164.png
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I tried dating sites for years with the same results you have had. Lots of guys that only wanted to date the super models. I found that it wasn't until they hit their mid 30's that they figured out that the super models might not be the ones to make a future with. After I hit my mid 30's I found that there was a HUGE increase of more emotionally mature guys that wanted to meet a "real" woman. It wasn't until I hit my early 40's that I met my Mr. Right. I kissed a lot of toads before I found him.

Keep at it. There may be a young emotionally mature guy out there for you. Ignore the guys that don't have the sense to recognize a jem when they see it. For those that are immature enough to make rude comments, don't lower yourself to their level. You are better than they are...they just proved it.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    OMG. I am so sorry. You are NOT being over sensitive. It is hard to wrap my head around kids bullying the way they do....but to hear about adults doing it????? SMH. You are beautiful OP. He probably has a small pecker.
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow, well at least you knew he was a freaking jerk right off the bat. No time wasted there... I'm sorry he hurt your feelings, but idiots are idiots. He doesn't deserve the time of day. I just feel bad for the "skinny girl" that he deems worthy...
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I would send back a one work response! "*kitten*"
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Send this back to him:

1346988467513164.png

This is amazing!
  • meadowmail77
    meadowmail77 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Be happy he showed his true self and didn't message you trying to set up a date and pretend to be some nice guy!

I like the no a hole pic! send it back :)
  • ChanyL
    Options
    LOL I would be totally ok with stooping to his level. I think I might have to do that.

Thanks everyone! :bigsmile: You made me feel better!

Did you see his picture? Because you could reply " you know, I see your face and a vibrator looks more attractive to me " I replied that one to a guy who said he'd rather live in wintertime all year long than seeing me in a bikini :-P
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I totally get it and that would really hurt (I have actually been there) but at the same time that is NOT the kind of person I would want to associate myself with especially not romantically. He spared you really, whatever "thin" girl he winds up dating is really the one who will lose because chances are he wont reveal what a *kitten* he is until she has already invested in him in some way. He is one guy out of millions and really and truly he does not deserve to be viewed as anything more than the smallest of the small ants on the farm that is your life.
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better women have a huge advantage in the online dating scene.

Typically a female can make a profile, and get swamped with emails.

Men however, have to spam multiple people to get a percentage back, and filter from there.

Just because you ran into one guy being a ****, doesn't mean the whole experience should be bad.

Also to note: I have used them in the past as well, and the amount of female profiles with OUTRAGEOUS standards is

ridiculous.

Anyways, just keep your head up!
  • kathyc727
    kathyc727 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Send this back to him:

1346988467513164.png

This is amazing!

Agree
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a ****.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    If you can, report him to the people who run the site. I'm sure you're not the first, and I'm sure you won't be the last. He's hiding behind his a computer screen. Just a lousy coward.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    And he prolly weighs 210lbs himself! Look at my pics...I was once called "Big Bertha" by a group of boys in 9th grade. They tried to friend me on FB and I didn't accept. HA! lol

Funny...I once dated a guy I met online and he complained that only "fat chicks" hit on him and his current GF isn't exactly svelte. And of course when he told me that he lost his shot with me...despite my being fit now, I will always be that obese girl inside and I got offended by his remark.

I'm sorry mama...if it helps, I've only met losers and freaks online which has scarred me so badly I refuse to date at all now lol.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I unsay he's a ****, but I just cut his off... No more worries honey!
  • cakelady69
    Options
    sorry, you are not over-sensitive. He sounds like a jerk. I'm not having much luck at the on-line dating either. It's hard. Not enjoying the dating world again.