Quick Response Needed! Chinese for lunch...

Options
Tell me what is decent to order, haven’t eaten Chinese since I started counting calories/carbs... on 1200 count. Thanks :happy:

Replies

• clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    chicken and broccoli would be ok, i think.
  • rrrainiii
    rrrainiii Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Egg drop soup

Chicken broccoli (or any unfried meat with veggies, really)

White rice

Try to stay away from fried stuff, obviously. :)

OR...eat a small portion of whatever you'd like. I dunno about you, but that certainly is a big improvement for me vs. my old diet. I used to eat a heaping plate of deep fried orange chicken with fried rice and crab rangoon! Mmmm. This is making me consider Chinese food for lunch. Haha.
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Get chicken & broccoli or shirmp & veggies steamed w/ sauce on the side. Skip the rice.
    Or you can get the soups. Usually they aren't too bad.
  • sla1252012
    sla1252012 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Chicken w/ Broccoli (sauce on the side) with white or brown rice is safe. Good luck and enjoy! :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Stay away from anything that says fried or crispy, obviously, a lot of the meat dishes have sugary/salty sauces, maybe just call this a spike day and eat small portions of what you fancy, don't know how well you'll do on such a low calorie count. Most importantly, if it's a one off enjoy it :flowerforyou:
  • siriusalien
    Options
    Beef broccoli oyster sauce
  • GCanha
    GCanha Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Steamed chicken and broccoli- garlic sauce on the side- then you can control how much you add!
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Many chinese restaurants have a "diet" or "light" section on the menu. Check it out!
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Chinese Food (at least the Americanized kind) is notorious for being crazy with sodium and sugar. Order what you want, just don't eat it all at once (ask for them to bring you a box with your meal if you have to). Also, 1200 calories is kind of a crazy low number. Eat more, work out hard (strength train) and you'll be much better off.
  • vbrent07
    Options
    I had it for lunch yesterday. I basically just portion out whatever I want and/ order something that has a lot of vegetables in it like Chicken Kow. I also love egg drop soup and thats only 60-70 calories a cup
  • oOMusicBabii
    Options
    No idea where you're going but:

I would stay away from fried rices and lo meins...get white rice, brown rice or better none.

Veggie dishes are great; watch the sauces though (on ANY dishes). Meat dishes are good but watch out for the chicken dishes that coat the chicken in batter and fry them. There's a place near me that does a fantastic chicken, broccoli and cashew dish that I always get with brown rice and then mentally split into 2 or 3 servings (yay leftovers).

Also, check for tofu dishes. That's what I usually find myself getting when i get chinese now (wicked soft spot for sesame tofu <3)
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Stay away from anything fried. Stay away from anything covered in thick sauces, it's just extra fat and sugar. Take it easy on your side dish... don't eat all the rice or noodles that come with the meal. It'll kill your carbs for the day. Order steamed veggies instead of fried rice. But basically my first statement, NOTHING FRIED! :) enjoy... I love chinese too!
  • Drussander
    Drussander Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Chicken with bean sprouts and ginger, cooked without oil (broth style). Very flavorful. Go with .5 cup brown rice.
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Eggs foo young, wanton soup and cut the wanton, chicken and veggies. I would sugget going to the data base here....type "chinese food" and a ton of stuff comes up. Find something you think sounds appetizing and fits your calorie range.
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    If there is a Mongolian BBQ option, hit that. You can select meats and veggies and skip the bad sauces.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Get chicken & broccoli or shirmp & veggies steamed w/ sauce on the side. Skip the rice.
    Or you can get the soups. Usually they aren't too bad.

^^egg drop soup, beef or chicken and broc
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    King prawn with green peppers and black bean sauce.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I always get broccoli, general tso's and noodles - I just don't eat a ton of it like they give you!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I usually get steamed chicken with broccoli and ask for garlic sauce on the side make sure its the brown one
  • med2017
    med2017 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    try brown rice instead of white. avoid foods with thick sauces cuz thats where the calories are. dont eat anything thats deep fried like sweet and sour chicken because that can have like 900 ALONE. and better if its stir fry, lots of veggies so you get stuffed on it more and remember Lots of water and jasmine tea if you like it. i wouldnt go with fried rice or noodles