Shoes or no shoes??

Options
I am just wondering if you are working out at home do you wear shoes?? Sometimes I do sometimes I dont..

Replies

• clariangel
    clariangel Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Unless it's yoga, I prefer to wear shoes. makes my ankles feel better :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Yep. I have awful feet (plantar fasciitis and a cyst in the marrow of one of my heels), so I go for as much cushion and support as possible at all times.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    No shoes at home for me - pretty much all the time but definitely when I'm working out. We have a rug in the living room which is the only place with a tv and DVD player (gasp, shocking!) and it's too much friction with shoes on so I end up having bad form and feel like I'm going to trip myself. As long as you're not experiencing any pain or balance problems, barefoot should be fine.
  • xSCiNTILLATEx79
    xSCiNTILLATEx79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was all barefoot until I got shin splints, now I wear shoes unless I'm doing Yoga. I really want to give those barefoot sneakers a try. I wish I never had to wear shoes :grumble:
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercises you're doing. For example, I find that some exercises like push-ups and planks are more comfortable in shoes. However, other ones are easier w/o shoes.
  • lindsy721
    lindsy721 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    No shoes for me! I workout barefoot.

And honestly, one of the reasons I prefer working out at home is because it cuts down on laundry!! I'm usually just in a sports bra and underwear at home; if I were going to the gym, I'd have to actually put shorts and a shirt on.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    shoes.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I like to lift barefoot but the gym won't allow it, so I wear Chuck Taylors to lift, and minimalist sneakers to run. Unless I'm running on grass, in which case I like to run barefoot.
  • sheri02r
    sheri02r Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Barefoot when I work out at home.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    i always seem to wear shoes!
  • virichi08
    virichi08 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    The only time i do no wear shoes is when i am doing ab workouts. Even wearing shoes that are too flat bothers me... =/
  • jlbeals
    jlbeals Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    No shoes unless I'm on the Gazelle.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I usually wear shoes. It's hard to do my planks in socks because I slide around.
  • Jes_ika
    Jes_ika Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Depends on the exercises you're doing. For example, I find that some exercises like push-ups and planks are more comfortable in shoes. However, other ones are easier w/o shoes.

Yea those are the two that I like to wear shoes for.. otherwise I cant get a good form
  • R_Calvillo
    R_Calvillo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Shoes yes, pants/shorts no, shirt yes.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    No shoes...barefoot or those ballet foot protectors that cover the ball of your foot only...
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    When I lived in a house with a cement floor, it was shoes. Too hard on the joints. But in a house with a wood floor, there is more give, so no shoes. That was when I did Sweatin' to the Oldies videos or stationary bike.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Depends on the workout. If there is any sort of impact, my knees feel better with shoes.
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Shoes ...

And I feel awful saying this, but it makes me feel so much better that people who appear to be smaller than me are having foot problems. I was feeling so very self conscious about my plantars faciitis.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I wear Nike Free's for all indoor exercising. When I'm doing a yoga dvd, I don't wear shoes. That's the only time I go barefoot.