HRM and Blood Pressure

Options
Does anyone know of an HRM that also measure blood pressure? I can't seem to find any online, maybe I'm not looking in the right spot? Or maybe I don't understand the technology, and it simply doesn't exist?

Thanks!

Replies

• nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    To measure blood pressure you need a blood pressure cuff that measures the difference in blood flow under pressure and then when pressure is released. That's why they put the cuff on, tighten it, then release it and listen for a change in the flow with a stethoscope.

Even in the hospital when you are hooked up with a heart monitor, they put a cuff on you to measure blood pressure. Some turn on and off automatically, but you don't want that on you when you're doing things.

You can buy a blood pressure cuff that goes into an iphone and a heart rate monitor that goes into your iphone too. It comes with apps that record it all. But that is different.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I don't have an I-phone. I was just looking online at the digital ones for the wrist. I don't want to get the cuff thing. I need a digital one. Thanks for responding! :smile:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    You're not understanding me. You need a cuff to to measure blood pressure. PERIOD. That's the only way it is possible to measure it.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Doesn't exist. Different technology.

Not if you wanted constant readings like you get with a HRM.

There are BP units that will give you your heart rate when you take your BP but it doesn't sound like that is what you are looking for.