Are you addicted to food? NY Times quiz

Options

Replies

• Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Not Addicted.
    Based on your answers, you do not meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    I could take that quiz twice and get different answers, before MFP YeS to almost everything, after 9 months of healthy living, I am very comfortable saying no. my score as of today is 0 which i guess is good, says not addicted. Thanx for posting though.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I had a score of 0,

"Your score: 0
    Not Addicted.

Based on your answers, you do not meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale."
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Can't live without it....must be addicted! Am I a compulsive eater?....sometimes.
  • bellesouth18
    bellesouth18 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    My score was a zero. I'm not addicted to food. Good to know! :happy:
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    well i know im a huge addict but apparently i dont fit the criteria
  • AdenaJ
    AdenaJ Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I could take that quiz twice and get different answers, before MFP YeS to almost everything, after 9 months of healthy living, I am very comfortable saying no. my score as of today is 0 which i guess is good, says not addicted. Thanx for posting though.

Agree. My score was 0 (not addicted), but I could see my answer being different at this time last year.
  • mandorla
    mandorla Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I sat there trying to answer the questions as I would have six months ago, but I couldn't remember the feelings from that time. I gave up and answered them as I would now. I'm not an addict. I seriously doubt that though, sense I think about food constantly.
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Not addicted:noway:
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Not addicted :happy:

ETA: I haven't seen one that told them they are addicted yet...Maybe the quiz is rigged:laugh:
    I really thought mine would say I was.:noway:
  • isabellecmiranda
    isabellecmiranda Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    very cool. I just didnt know how to answer..Im in a wierd place where eating healthy has become normal, but i still think about bad foods. Im just making better decisions.
    Thanks for the post!!
  • shelbyweeeee
    shelbyweeeee Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don't need this quiz to say yes or no. I, myself can admit that I definitely have a food addiction. However, with that being said... this is my result!

Your score: 17
    Possible Food Addiction.
    Based on your answers, you may meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Your score: 22
    Not Addicted.
    Based on your answers, you do not meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.
  • ghostpixie
    ghostpixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I don't need this quiz to say yes or no. I, myself can admit that I definitely have a food addiction. However, with that being said... this is my result!

Your score: 17
    Possible Food Addiction.
    Based on your answers, you may meet the criteria for food addiction as defined by the Yale Food Addiction Scale.

That's what I got too. However with MFP it's changing. Which is great!
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Your score: 0
    Not Addicted.

Why am I fat then?
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Error on page. :sad:

Stupid IE9.

(I already know the score would be bad, I don't need a test to tell me I have an unhealthy relationship with food.)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    YOUR SCORE: 17
    POSSIBLE FOOD ADDICTION.

I'd say I'm less addicted and more obsessed with it.
  • Going4Lean
    Going4Lean Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    YOUR SCORE: 22
    NOT ADDICTED.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Your score: 22
    Not Addicted.

me too!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Before taking the quiz, I could say I was. My result agrees.

Your score: 28
    Possible Food Addiction.