Ladies only-period ?

Options
Ok ladies, I haven't had my period since July 29th. I know I'm not pregnant. I'm done having kids, hubby snipped. I mentioned it to my ob gyn at my annual at the end of August. She said if it doesn't come then she needs to see me. I have a feeling my body is just shocked at the change in my exercise routine. I went from doing the elliptical 5 days week to workout DVDS, zumba, bike riding, mixing it up a lot. I exercise pretty much every day. The thing is, I don't miss my period at all! Should I wait a couple more months to see what happens, or should I tone down the exercise? I feel great and my clothes are fitting so much better than before starting MFP. I weight 126.5, and am not looking to lose anymore weight, just keep toning up.

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I would go see your dr and maybe have your hubby have is snip job checked. Have a friend who's hubby was snipped after their 3rd and 5yrs later she was pregnant. He went in and found out it had failed. He had already been in for all his follow up checks too. It could be your regimen too, but you might feel better if you go in. I know my cramps have become non existant with exercise and the thought of the whole period going away would be nice. you'll stop stressing though if you just go get checked out. good luck!
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    First off, don't go crazy and google your symptoms all over the internet and self-diagnose yourself! So many people do that and stress themselves out-which is a causes periods to be delayed.
    I wouldn't work yourself up right now until you see your MD. That's why they're there. You need to tell them EVERYTHING that has changed in the past bit, including your exercise routines.
  • kendraleigh88
    Options
    I would go see your dr and maybe have your hubby have is snip job checked. Have a friend who's hubby was snipped after their 3rd and 5yrs later she was pregnant. He went in and found out it had failed.

^This.
    I work in a clinic and have heard of patient's who had the surgery done and it had reversed itself. Tubes grew back. The human body is an amazing thing!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I also worked in a operating room and we saw vasectomies fail regularly....the occasional tubal fail but usually the man!
  • SommerKMayorga
    Options
    Could it be possible you're going through menopause? I have a friend who may be going through pre-menopause at age 35. Not sure how old you are, but have heard it's very possible for it to happen earlier than anticipated.

I didn't realize simply by changing your exercise routine could stop your period...but I'm no doctor either! Definitely see yours!
  • careyannal
    Options
    COULD it be exercise?? I would like to know also, as my period is two weeks late, and I KNOW that I'm not pregnant (its simply not possible if you catch my drift).
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    35, done having kids, hubby fixed, feeling great, no period..... what was the problem???
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    You could either be over exercising and not eating enough or, yes, you could be preggo. Vasectomies are not alway successful.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It could be the drastic change in your life style but it could also be a health issue. Just go see your OBGYN. At the very least nothing is wrong and you will stop stressing about it.
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Could be your workout/weight loss.
  • HeatherSLosinIt
    HeatherSLosinIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've gone without my period for a couple months before and then it hits hard when I DO get it. Even if there's nothing wrong, there's no harm in going to see the doc just in case :) Good luck!
  • loveYOUmore319
    loveYOUmore319 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    It's probably because your working out hard. There is nothing wrong with missing your period but of course you should always see your doctor just to put your mind at ease. When I was in basic training I didn't have my cycle the whole time and of course we were working out hard! When I got to AIT after basic training I still didn't have my cycle. Basic was 9 weeks long and AIT was 12 weeks long. I didn't get my cycle until I got to my permanent duty station which was about 2 months later. So my point with all that is that working out hard and change and stress can alter your cycle. Eveything is probably fine with you. :)
  • bonniecarbs
    bonniecarbs Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many men are reading this anyway.
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Is your body fat very low? Definitely very low body fat is associated with amenorrhea, as is a BMI below the healthy numbers. Mine stop when I get below a certain weight. Also early menopause is a possibility. But yes, I'd still see a doctor.
  • torrini
    torrini Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact opposite happen to me. Should be happy about it, I guess....
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I've had the exact opposite happen to me. Should be happy about it, I guess....

Me too! Ugh...I'm MORE regular now. LOL
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I would go see your dr and maybe have your hubby have is snip job checked. Have a friend who's hubby was snipped after their 3rd and 5yrs later she was pregnant. He went in and found out it had failed. He had already been in for all his follow up checks too. It could be your regimen too, but you might feel better if you go in. I know my cramps have become non existant with exercise and the thought of the whole period going away would be nice. you'll stop stressing though if you just go get checked out. good luck!

this
  • Erica_G2012
    Options
    LOL
    35, done having kids, hubby fixed, feeling great, no period..... what was the problem???

I suspect your body is adjusting to the changes. Exercise hits our hormones (or can) and hormones can knock Aunt Flow around. So, I'd see a doctor if you are concerned about it but I wouldn't start to worry just yet. Good luck!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Is your body fat very low? Definitely very low body fat is associated with amenorrhea, as is a BMI below the healthy numbers. Mine stop when I get below a certain weight. Also early menopause is a possibility. But yes, I'd still see a doctor.

I was going to suggest this as well! I know my periods stop completely when my body gets over 265lbs and I know from my friends experience it can also stop from haveing too low of a body fat percentage. If you know your not pregnant I would try gaining maybe 3 to 5lbs and see if it comes back!
    Hope you figure it out soon!
  • emnk5308
    Options
    You should go pee on a stick to be on the safe side =) If your monthly is ALWAYS normal and then suddenly stops, I would def go to the Dr asap.

If you did turn out pregnant, and would keep the baby.. you'd need to tone done your exercising.. which is why to be safe you should at least take a test =)

Good luck! <3