Do you feel thinner? Because I don't....

Options
124»

Replies

• Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Nope--feeling fat here!!!
  • RitaSantoss
    RitaSantoss Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    That is psychological. You've been used to seeing yourself the same way for years and years that it's hard to wrap your mind around the weight you've already lost and that you look different now.
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Yep! Last year I lost weight - kind of knew I was skinnier (and clearly on the scales), but I still thought I wasn't skinny enough. I still had freak outs when looking at myself in the mirror ect
    It was only later when I gained the weight back, that I realised I WAS skinnier and lost aloot of weight. I wish I appreciated it more at the time, but sometimes its impossible. Its how a lot of us girls think - we're all screwed up, basically! It suuucks:(
  • Pinkigloopyxie
    Options
    My collar bones show all the time now, without any shoulder hunching. But my stomach is still all big and gross. I can squish it into all sorts of shapes now, though.
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Yessssssss I lost 54, gained 8 back doing a metabolism reset and you'd think I gained all 54 back by the way I feel inside. It's not even all fat because I was heavy lifting at the same time and I haven't even changed jean sizes but OMFG I feel just enormous and disgusting and ashamed. It's terrible. People keep telling me how great I look but I do NOT see it.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Some days I feel thinner, when I'm standing up and I look in mirrors I know I'm much, much thinner, but then I catch sight of myself while I'm sitting down and I think I just look huge and gross.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think it does work both ways too because I didn't really notice how fat I had got when I was at my heaviest :(

Ain't that the truth? The heaviest I have been was when I was pregnant with my son, I only weighed 5 lbs less than my 6'3" husband, and I had no idea how heavy I really was until I saw pictures my sister took while she was visiting. It was shocking. I didn't even recognize myself.