How do I log this activity?

Options
I am a barista, so I am doing a lot of moving around, walking back and fourth, cleaning, etc. I was trying to figure out how to log that kind of thing, because it is a point in my day where I am constantly on my feet and moving about my work space. I took a guess and logged it as light-moderate effort cleaning, but it said that I would have burned 1500 or so calories in a 4 hour period of time, which I don't feel like is even almost close to accurate. I was just trying to see if I could find a way to estimate how many calories I was burning just by working, as I work a lot. (It'd be nice to know that the thing I spend the majority of my day doing is helping even just a little bit)

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't log it as exercise, because it's part of your daily routine. You're better off changing your activity level to reflect what you do, so either lightly active, active or very active.
  • rininger85
    Options
    personally I wouldn't log it... if it is part of your every day routine I wouldn't count it as exercise because thats what your body is used to doing, so you aren't going to get an added benefit from doing something your body is used to in my opinion at least... like taking the stairs instead of the elevator, I don't log it, I just do it because its the right thing to do...

On the other hand I do have a friend on here who is standing all day for her job so she logs it and it always shows up as "fishing from the river bank, standing" lol
  • km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    I wouldn't log it as exercise, because it's part of your daily routine. You're better off changing your activity level to reflect what you do, so either lightly active, active or very active.

^^This is what you need to do. Just change your activity level. and it will reflect in your settings
  • karynspeace
    Options
    use a pedometer. Then log the miles walked as light walking. OR if this is your daily routine all the time, make sure your activity level is correct on mfp. I use a pedometer but that is because I mainly sit at a desk but will do a ton of walking when covering for other coworkers. good luck!
  • Evalask
    Options
    Oh, I didn't even think to change my activity level! That's what I will do. Thanks (: