mood swings while dieting

tiggers
tiggers Posts: 20
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Why when you start dieting you feel like chewing off someone's head or is it just me :happy:

36630.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• No its not just you. When I first started my husband thought I was crazy. It will level off once your body gets adjusted to the new way of eating.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    o boy tell me about mood swings they were bad it does happen when u start a new diet it will pass once you have adjusted to your diet it will be fine just take aromatherpay bath or somethin if that happens and u will feel better :flowerforyou:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Warning: Those feelings come back every time you fall off the wagon and try to get back on.
  • OddSquid
    OddSquid Posts: 107 Member
    My wife and I call it the "hunger grumpies." We can both get really surly when we're hungry (me more than her). It's our bodies' way of telling us that in this quest to control our consumption, we're going a little overboard at times so for crying out loud, have a handful of nuts or a couple of slices of lean ham or SOMETHING!!!! :smile:
  • tiggers
    thanks everybody I'm glad I'm not alone. I don't want any more "hunger grumpies" I love that phrase thanks WeirdFish :smile:
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    I was actually getting HORRIBLE mood swings. I would get pissed off at everyone for no reason at all. I bumped my calories up by a couple hundred. I felt a million times better.
  • last night i ended up crying for no reason..it was because i was sooo hungery that i couldnt take it anymore!
    so i ate about a small handful of almonds. that helped alot. i am just starting to get inshape. and so far all i am noticing is how sore i am.
    but i know that i will soon see the results!
  • tiggers
    I finally got used to it but I might have about 1 or 2 days that I'm moody so that's getting better, I think I was moody everyday and ready to go out for blood :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.