3-Hour Diet or 6 meal a day plan... does it work?

Options
2»

Replies

• drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    It's really good to eat 6 small meals a day, as long as you make proteins a big part of all of them. It really helps controlling your insulin level, which also keeps you from craving sugary things. Having 3 "normal" meals (aka proteins + carbs + vegetables), + 3 mainly proteins snacks (ex: plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shake, etc), is amazing and definitely works :)

What is so good about it
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It's really good to eat 6 small meals a day, as long as you make proteins a big part of all of them. It really helps controlling your insulin level, which also keeps you from craving sugary things. Having 3 "normal" meals (aka proteins + carbs + vegetables), + 3 mainly proteins snacks (ex: plain greek yogurt, cottage cheese, protein shake, etc), is amazing and definitely works :)

What is so good about it

She just wrote what is so good about it.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options

What is so good about it

I was looking for more facts and less fiction
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    I have eaten this way for a little over a year...protein in every meal, and I am never hungry. I couldn't imagine another way, but it works for my lifestyle. Has to fit your lifestyle, otherwise, its useless. :-)
  • missrobinee
    Options

What is so good about it

Well that's what my trainer told me, and considering the fact that she has an amazing shape and is a fitness competitor, I guess I don't see the point in doing researches to prove her right. You're free to do so if you feel the need to :)
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options

What is so good about it

Check out my post there is a whole book dedicated to it!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,284 Member
    Options
    Meal timing and frequency have been shown to have NO impact on weight loss or metabolic rate. Do what works best for you and your lifestyle.

OP, I am glad it works for you. Keep it up!