Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein shake and thirst?

Hey all,
I use myprotein whey powder and it is nice, only thing is I swear it makes me really thirsty! Does anyone else find their protein shake makes them thirsty or am I just a bit strange?
Thanks.

Replies

• Fiona_Bullough
    Fiona_Bullough Posts: 138 Member
    Bump
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Anyone? Maybe it's just me?
  • I usually drink one after a workout so I am usually already thirsty. If it makes you thirsty, drink more water. Maybe it's your body saying "Hydrate."
  • jess1992uga
    jess1992uga Posts: 603 Member
    They dehydrate me and that's why I drink them. I get bad edema and they make it vanish, but problem is it also constipates me so I don't drink them anymore. I just say drink more if you are going to have them.
  • Fiona_Bullough
    Thanks for the replies! I do drink quite a lot but I've noticed I feel SO thirsty if I have a shake.
    They dehydrate me and that's why I drink them. I get bad edema and they make it vanish, but problem is it also constipates me so I don't drink them anymore. I just say drink more if you are going to have them.

Thanks, glad it isn't just me!! I've not had a problem with constipation. Maybe it is also to do with brand?
  • zhidecitta
    zhidecitta Posts: 15 Member
    They make me thirsty if I drink them alone. Instead, I drink a tall glass of water with my protein shakes. I alternate drinking between them during my post-workout. It's been working good for me. I drink plenty of water every day though, and haven't had any problems.
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    I would say you probably want to drink water after drinking a protein shake. It will help actually dilute the drink for you. What kind do you drink? Do you feel that it is doing everything you want it to do? I don't drink a protein shake. I drink a protein meal replacement that I love. If you like to know more about it , message me.

Julianne