WLTM more motivating friends!

Options
hi, only have 17 'friends' atm and only a couple i know in real life
thing is, i'm always posting on other peoples status but literally only 3 people ever write on mine!
seriously, i lost 2lb this week and only got 2 comments :(
just would be nice to have more supportive and even motivating friends

i'm trying to lose initially 30lbs, by healthier diet and more movement -though with exercise i am starting slowly
honestly i eat a generally healthy and rounded diet now, but i am also doing the 5:2 diet to kick start my weight loss- where 2 days a week i only eat 500 cals -so obviously if you don't approve of this method then you probably don't want to friend me in the first place

so, look forward to meeting some new awesome people!

Replies

• ken1994
    ken1994 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Would love to help if I can, please feel free to add me, fyi are you from Australia?
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to be friends... I'm on here everyday and comment on just about everything :-) Feel free to add me. I'm from Australia. :-)
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am on here everyday.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Would love to help if I can, please feel free to add me, fyi are you from Australia?

i'm in the UK -Wales in fact so full of sheep like Australia! lol
    and thank you for add!
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    add me. i need some more support for sure and i dont mind supporting other people as well. i know exactly how you feel. i barely get any comments either sadly.
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I dont really care which diet you are doing if it works for you well props. You can add me as well. :D

Happy Workout
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Brill, have added you all! look forward to a bit more interaction on here! ;D
  • brjustice2000
    Options
    Don't be surprised when you plateau. I tried eating light and once a week having the "cheat day" and hit lots of plateaus, meaning no weight loss and had weight gain some weeks when the calories eaten vs burned should have been a 2 or 3 lb weight loss for the week. If that is what you really want to do, more power to you. Consider a different approach when you do plateau.

I learned to not just look at calories but nutrients. I call it nutrient control instead of portion control. If I have a good week controlling fat, sugar, and carbs, I lose weight. If have too many of any of those 3 nutrients I might gain even though the calories indicate a loss should occur. I learned to keep strength training in every week instead of just cardio for a month and then add strength training again. Whenever I hit plateaus and stay there more than a week, I seek out a personal trainer and the gym and ask for advice. That is why I now track my fat and sugar on a spreadsheet. I love ice cream and meat = sugar and fat. I rarely exceed my carb allowance.

I no longer do cheat days. My goal is to eat over my basic caloric need and work off the excess with exercise to meet my deficit goal. This is working for me. All that really matters is what works for you because we are all different. If your two days a week of 500 calories really work for you, keep doing it but recommend you check body fat and subtract it from total weight to monitor lean body mass so that you don't inadvertently lose muscle. I don't want to be a BODY BUILDER, but I do want to lose more fat! I have gone from 99 lbs of fat to just under 64 lbs of fat; 38%+ body fat to 28% body fat. This isn't easy! When you hit your plateaus, never give up, just tweak what you are doing.

Hope you make your goal by the date you want. My goal is 20% body fat and the weight will be whatever it turns out to be. Have a great day.