Loss while on two medications that "cause weight gain"

Options
jrditt
jrditt Posts: 239 Member
Hello friends! I'm a nurse (so close to being a NP!) and I am on two medications that "cause" weight gain - effexor and the depo shot.

Sorry, but you can't place the blame on medications like these. I will agree that they certainly do not help cravings and water gain is a possibility but the food you put in your mouth is what is making you gain weight. I've been watching what I eat the entire time I've taken these medications and I've still lost a total of 20 pounds.

That said, and this is more from experience, stop getting on the stupid scale all the time. It makes you give yourself a hard time when this is a marathon, not a sprint to health. Especially don't get on the scale after heavy lifting because your muscles are holding hard to all the water that your muscles need to fix themselves.

I'd love to add friends that are eating paleo and do crossfit/heavy lifting because those are my current loves and goals..
Good luck everyone, remember that life is for living.

Replies

• shirerose
    shirerose Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i love you for this. such a pet peeve of mine!!!
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I agree, no one can blame their weight gain on medication. I was on Citalopram for around a year. Throughout my time on this medication I remained active and my calorie intake was stable. I DID put weight on, but that was purely water weight, which soon came off when I stopped taking them.

For someone to blame their weight gain entirely on medication, isn't someone who truly wants to lose weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!