uh oh! its the weekend... how do you keep from indulging?

Options
how do you keep from indulging?

Replies

• kaseymei
    Options
    the weekends are always hard for me too. I'm going to try this weekend to keep some low cal snacks in my purse. Usually we are out and about and end up eating out somewhere. I think if I have some snacks and try to space out my eating, I won't endulge when it does come time to eat out. Best of luck to you... I know how you feel.
  • BrooklynTico
    Options
    Take pictures of you at your biggest and tape it to every "no-no" food in your house. I have a 4-year-old son, so there's a lot of goodies at my house, but a nice picture of my pudgy self on the cupboard door. Keeps me from getting caught with my hand in the cookie jar.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I just eat the same as I eat during the week. The stuff I pack to eat for my lunches is the same as what's at my house on the weekends since that's where it came from. And I cook the same stuff for dinner on the weekends that I do on the weeknights, though maybe a little bit less rushed.

If I go out, then I just look ahead to where I'm going and plan accordingly off of the menu. If it's someplace that truly has no healthy options that fit in my plan, I eat something before I go and then just hang out and enjoy the good times.
  • KeriW626
    Options
    Sex
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    I idulge on the weekend. Saturday and Sunday I eat whatever and I don't log my calories. I am eating at maintenance calories now since I am at goal weight but I took the weekends off while I was losing also. It isn't for everyone but it worked for me and I have maintained a 130lbs loss for over a year now.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just don't
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I'm eating dinner now before I head out to happy hour.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I treat myself a tad bit but I make sure to get extra sleep and then be productive and squeeze in extra work outs.
  • Pretend it is Monday! :happy:
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I tend to do better on the weekends cos my bf is often away and I just work out cos I'm bored
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Drink water, stay active, get out of the house. These help me. If i get a real sweet craving I pour a cup of tea with a spoonful of honey. (which i find to be very sweet thanks to a diet without super refined sugars)
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    it's the work week that kills me. so many bad influences. i WISH my problem was the weekends. i'd be all svelte and ****.
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Well, it's the weekend, so if you have extra time for indulging, then you have extra time for exercising too!
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    Cub Scouts. My kids are involved and it keeps us very busy. Tommorow working at the car wash!! Last time we made $250.00 best yet and we had so much fun.
  • chaamigo
    chaamigo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    my problem is alcohol i like to have my ciders on the weekend so i try really hard to burn extra calories fridays and saturdays. today i burned 1000+ today hiking up stone mountain and cherokee trail :)
  • molly_grue
    molly_grue Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm indulging right now
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I indulge every day ... ice cream, red wine ... just another day for me ... keep the principles constant but cut some slack daily.
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I sometimes like to indulge on weekends. This weekend will definitely include indulging as I'm flying up for a football game. :drinker:
  • bonini8017
    Options
    Hi, I also have the same problem, I think of the weekend as relaxation for everything including food. If I am out I usually pick the lowest calorie in the menu, or I take home left overs on purpose. I also like to keep a protein bar in my purse just in case. Hope it helps!
    Good luck! You can do it!
  • gse313
    gse313 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Libate until comatose then sleep the rest of the weekend!! lol