Gained weight

Options
I am gaining instead of losing. I have only been walking since I just started out about 2 weeks ago but I am always under my 1500 calories a day but somehow I gained 4 pounds. Is this normal? I don't drink any soda so I knew I wouldn't lost those first 10 pounds fast like some people because I have no water weight but to gained??? Its so discouraging.

Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    If you are sticking to 1500 calories and walking, that 4 pounds could not possibly be fat. It's most likely just water weight that will go away. Hang in there!
  • nmcgalliard
    nmcgalliard Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stick with the program, perhaps it is the type of food you eat? Wishing you success and will power.
  • CDG1013
    CDG1013 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It took 3 or 4 weeks before I started to lose. Your body is making adjustments to your new routine. Just stick with it and weight will start coming off. I did start to see my waist measurement decreasing in about 2 weeks. It was small...maybe 1/4 of an inch but it was noticeable in how my clothes fit.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's tough to say without seeing your diary.

If you're under your calorie goal, it's most likely water weight from the increased exercises or hormones (are you nearing your period, by chance?). You probably just need to keep going and you'll see it drop off, but there's no way to give more specific advice without more specific details.
  • madstarr
    madstarr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, don't eat too much under your goal, and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day (preferably more). It was about the 3rd week before I lost my first 2 LBS, but only after I began drinking water like I am supposed to. I also make sure I get in 10K steps daily, in addition to anything else I do.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I've been on here 2 months and only started losing last week, It's really hard to keep motivated when that happens but you have to, I made little changes and 99% of the time I'm under my calorie goal, I 'run' (i try to run, I'm useless) and I work out at home a lot, I think for me it was just muscle growth because I've never exercised before
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    It could also be muscle mass and iv learned throughout the years that its more than just calories in calories out that plays a big part but its carbs sugar proteins and everything els you need to keep and eye on too.
  • 70davis
    70davis Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Eat enough - your target is a target, not a barrier - so eat close to your goal.