what things are the most important to track in your diary?

i'm tracking
1) calories (obviously)
2) carbs
3) fat
4) protein
5) sugar
6) sodium

should i be tracking something else? what and why? what are you tracking?
i'm 18, if my age matters at all.

Replies

• I am tracking all of the things same things that you are tracking ;)
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth!
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    i dont track sodium but i track fiber!
  • DonnaLeeCattes
    DonnaLeeCattes Posts: 492 Member
    I don't take sodium either, but I do fiber
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    I only track calories, carbs, protein. everything else, I don't care too much about since I'm not on any meds/no health concerns, and i try to make somewhat decent choices as far as food goes, but that's subjective. as long as i keep losing, and have a fruit/some fruits and something green(veggies) i feel i've done my duty, haha
  • strbryt
    strbryt Posts: 488 Member
    I track: Fat, protein, carbs, fiber, and sodium. I try to go over in fiber and protein everyday. I watch my sodium because I have high blood pressure. Salt tends to stick to me like white on rice lol.
  • wait_loss
    wait_loss Posts: 117 Member
    i'm tracking
    1) calories (obviously)
    2) carbs
    3) fat
    4) protein
    5) sugar
    6) sodium

should i be tracking something else? what and why? what are you tracking?
    i'm 18, if my age matters at all.
    Seems you are doing fine although at may age I track fiber as it lowers glycemic index load. And I need to be regular although since I have been dieting regular does not seem to happen. lol
  • I track cholesterol instead of sugar.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Depends on what your problems are. I track calories, carbs, fat, protein, fiber, potassium. You probably don't need to track fiber unless you have constipation issues because you are young, bit it's important and gets more important as you get older. If you eat a lot of processed food or eat out a lot, need to track sodium, because too much can wreak havoc on your weight loss. If sugar is one of your problems, or again processed stuff or eating out, then you should keep tracking it. If you eat clean, probably don't need to track sugar.
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    I track calories, carbs, fat, protien, and calcium.
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Depends on your goals, but I STRONGLY suggest that women especially add calcium to their tracking. Or be sure to take a supplement.
  • I think tracking fiber is really important for anyone. Americans don't get near the fiber we need and it's a very important part of a well balanced diet.
  • I mostly track proteins, carbs and my supplements, proteins are very important in order for me to recovery fine from the workouts!!
  • Dead_Darling
    Dead_Darling Posts: 478 Member
    I track calories, carbs, fat, sat fat, iron and fibre

My iron levels are generally low so I need to keep an eye on it every so often
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Carbs under 50g a day, eat real food, let the rest work itself out.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    i'm tracking
    1) calories (obviously)
    2) carbs
    3) fat
    4) protein
    5) sugar
    6) sodium

I'm 50 and those are the exact things I'm tracking but about to ditch sugar because I eat grapes all d*mn day and that throws me over and yet I know that's good sugar so I don't want to be taunted with that number. :)
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Calories, protein and fiber are my big 3.

I find focusing on the positive (which I consider protein and fiber) helps me mentally more than focusing on what can feel negative (fat, sodium, etc.). Doesn't mean they aren't all important, just that when I purposefully eat an extra veggie to get in more fiber, chances are I'm not increasing my fat intake...make sense? For me it's just a mental game.
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 985 Member
    calories, carbs, protien are my main 3 that i really concentrate on...then iron and fiber. i JUST took sugar off my list, i was obsesssing about it and it was sucj BS cause all the sugar i eat now is from fruits, mostly..and the odd chocolate! lol. but i found the les i look at it, the less i eat of it. also i noticed alot of the ladies that look amazing enough for me to creep theur diaries, do not track sugars. so done with that!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Depends on your diet, I also track iron and calcium because I'm vegan.
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    I track Cals, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Fibre and Iron. I feel those things are items I need to work on to make sure I'm eating right - although I'm more concerned with fat, protein and iron than the rest, to be honest.