Suddenly single......

Options
2»

Replies

• strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    It's like everything... Sometimes you find someone and sometimes you don't. But I can guarantee you that you can talk anyone at a bar... I've done it many times and I'm shy!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    woohoo you go girl.. we want an update :)
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Yep, you go girl! I had to just go out to country western bars when I got separated, and it was fun. Get out, meet people, dance! Talk to the girls!!!! Meet some new girlfriends and you can arrange to go out with them again!
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    go put on that one outfit you feel absolutely amazing in and go burn up the town!!
    :D you deserve to get out and have some fun!!
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just go out and do it! I understand the "I don't know how" complex. I had it until I was 23, thats right all through high school, back when I was skinny... But you just got to go out there and do it. It may be odd at first but you'll be fine and make friends along the way.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You women are depressing me! Go out! :-p

I would go out but I have no one to go out with. It's kinda weird going out alone :/
    Same here. I want to go out but no one to go out with. Alot of my "friends" are only my friends because we've known each other from childhood not because we actually have something in common.
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    One thing I do a lot is travel alone and I have been to many places and met so many people. You just got to do it. The greatest things happen outside your comfort zone!

TRUE TRUE ;)
  • LOL it's not the size that matters but how you use it. Maybe you're annoying or have some string of personality issues. I frankly could care less about how good someone looks if they're totally lame, boring, rude, neurotic, etc.

Anyways friends and relationships are OVERRATED LOL.

your advice makes no logical sense.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    LOL it's not the size that matters but how you use it. Maybe you're annoying or have some string of personality issues. I frankly could care less about how good someone looks if they're totally lame, boring, rude, neurotic, etc.

that's why I kind of ignored it :tongue: and yes yes I'm going.... just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement!
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I messaged you too but I remembered my friend lives where you do. She is a divorcee- maybe you can go out looking for fun with her. She is about 10 years old but she looks great and has been working at losing weight too.
  • glenner
    glenner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Oops- my friend isn't 10 years old, she is 10 years older then you LOL!!!
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you darling and I am a married mother who still manages to go out and have fun. So no you have not missed your chance. You probably just need to go and practice being out there and enjoying yourself.

Practice makes perfect!
  • strikerjb007
    strikerjb007 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I'm the same age as you darling and I am a married mother who still manages to go out and have fun. So no you have not missed your chance. You probably just need to go and practice being out there and enjoying yourself.

Practice makes perfect!

+ 1000
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    LOL it's not the size that matters but how you use it. Maybe you're annoying or have some string of personality issues. I frankly could care less about how good someone looks if they're totally lame, boring, rude, neurotic, etc.

and yes yes I'm going.... just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement!

Go Get them....Tiger!! :flowerforyou:
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    You could try one of those single meet-up sites too. I can't think of who does it off the top of my head, but they do things like cooking classes, bowling, whatever. It seems like a good way to meet new people, even if you're not looking to date.
  • MartiniGirl22
    MartiniGirl22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You need to check out www.meetup.com It has many different kinds of groups that you can join. Find a group or two that your interested in. You will have a blast with all the new people that you will be meeting that share your same interest. :happy:
  • DyamonDyva
    DyamonDyva Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I say enjoy your own company....I go out by myself all the time.....This is the time to find things that you really enjoy or at least think you will enjoy...Make a list of things you want to try and start trying them even if by yourself....Just think there will be people at some of the thing you want to try, this is how you meet and make new friends(in things that interest you both).....IJS
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Well, OP, did you go?

It can be tough to be single when your friends are married etc. What I've found is, too many single people (especially single women, & especially single women who've lost weight) in a group of coupled friends seems to upset the ecosystem. For a bunch of reasons, probably, including diverging interests.

My best advice is to get involved with something - volunteer (for something that at some point involves parties), join a recreational sports team or running group, & develop your hobbies and interests in a kind of serious way (the more social your interests, the better, for this.)