What benefits are you noticing??

I'd like to know what benefits everyone is noticing from working out.......other than the obvious things like weight loss, more muscle, and clothes fitting better.

For me, something hit me today. I am waking up much easier in the morning! I have always been the person that will hit the snooze button 10 times....and most of them without even being awake enough to know I'm doing it. The past couple days, when my alarm goes off, I am wide awake! I attribute this to my work outs....and better eating habits. I'm sure both are helping me to get a better nights sleep.

Now, I have to admit that even though I wake up when my alarm goes off, I still find it VERY hard to get out of bed. BUT, that's just because I really don't want to go into work!! :tongue: :laugh:

So, what benefits are you noticing??

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    I'm not in pain all the time. I used to have horrible back pain, hip pain, knee pain.. My whole body feels so much better.

And I can actually run ANY sort of distance now. That's a big deal to me. :D
  • Cespuglio
    Cespuglio Posts: 385 Member
    And I can actually run ANY sort of distance now. That's a big deal to me. :D

^^ This!!!
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    I admit it, I like the compliments I have recieved. It's nice that others have noticed one my weight loss and two the effort I have put into it.
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    I can clean all of the windows in my house without my arms feeling like they are going to fall off. Thank you weightlifting.

I also now get excited if someone I know is moving :laugh: Moving stuff all day is a fantastic workout that doesn't come around too often.
  • restful sleep!
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Greatly increased manly vigor. Seriously, fellas, you don't need blue steel or any of those male enhancement products, just compound lifts and a good diet will do it.
  • DollyMiel
    DollyMiel Posts: 377 Member
    Rarely ever fatigued anymore. :D
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I was able to jump into the back seat of my minivan to buckle my sons seat belt. My Husband forgot to strap him in. Half way down the street my son reminded us. I leaped back there without even a thought. Normally I would huff and be very tired doing so.
  • More positive and just all around more happy of a person.. more willing to do more and loving it!
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    I sleep MUCH better.
    I'm not using my rescue inhaler for asthma. Ran a whole 5K without needing it! Yahoo!
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    My hip and knees feel a little better. I can bend over to shave and tie my shoes :). I am sleeping better at night, and don't snore as much.
  • I feel great but have not lost any weight .. yesterday I started tracking on MFP so Im hoping this helps.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    I used to nap almost every single day when I was eating bad, but since my diet has changed I don't feel sleepy half-way through the day any more. I actually TRIED to nap this afternoon and couldn't get myself to sleep! lol. Energy x1000.
  • dloucarter
    dloucarter Posts: 32 Member
    Feel like I'm on a natural high all day, especially when i'm exercising every morning the right foods combined with exercising definately compliment each other. I'm am achieving so much more in a day & I spring out of bed & feel alive rather than sluggish. Really happy which i'm sure my husband & kids appreciate.

When I broke my toe I stopped doing MFP religiously for 4 months & didn't exercise, I felt terrible. Being back & focused has made me realise this is the best journey & I feel GREAT!!! I cant wait to reach my goal weight :happy:
  • 0MissErin0
    0MissErin0 Posts: 92 Member
    I have a lot more energy in the day :)
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    I have SO much more energy and drive!

I just feel smaller and more feminine, and beautiful for the first time in a long time.
  • Gwenski
    Gwenski Posts: 348 Member
    I used to get recurring bouts of pneumonia and the doc always said I wheezed when I breathed. I was out of breath after walking a block. Now I can walk for miles without huffing and puffing. When I do exert myself and get out of breath, I recover so quickly! It's awesome! Haven't had pneumonia this year either..hmmm..I also wonder if I ever really had asthma? Hmmm..
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    I sleep so much better! I like the positive comments that I get. I love the way I feel after a workout. (I still hate the actual workout!) I actually like clothes shopping now. I laugh every time I look at something and think "That is too small to fit me!" and it either fits or is too big!
  • One thing I have been noticing is being able to wake up with ease in the middle of the night, and laying down and sleeping again with ease. It's amazing what a little exercise can do for you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    My resting heart rate is the lowest it's been since ever. 67 last night compared to 80-84 from high school (150#) until this year (243#).