I only ate M&Ms today...oops

Options
Any advice (other then don't do it again!)? Drink water/have something healthy/some protein/just don't eat any more?! Is it as bad as I think?
I had a rushing kind of day, woke up after lunch, had a teaspoonful or two of museli, went to the cinema, bought a big bag of chocolate m&ms which is nearly 900 calories - accidentally eaten nearly all of it, some during the film, some throughout the rest of the day while i've been busy and sidetracked, so i forgot to eat anything else or make dinner or anything and no one wanted to share it like i thought they would.
I must still be quite a bit under my calorie goal of about 1200 :S! But just on junk :/

Replies

• ctgirlscout
    ctgirlscout Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just move on...tomorrow's another day. Try to plan your meals ahead of time so you won't fall into this situation again.
  • Mathguy1
    Mathguy1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My advice would be that if you are hungry, go ahead and eat something tonight (even if you exceed your daily calorie total). I think it's better to eat if you are hungry (considering most of your food today was a large bag of candy)

If you aren't hungry, then forget about today and resume healthy eating tomorrow.

Will be a good story to tell as you get closer to your goal. Your friends may think that you are on an M&M diet.:laugh:
  • stormsusmc
    stormsusmc Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    sounds like you need to learn how to plan...
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Why can't people keep negative to themselves ?!?! Consider it your free day. Have something healthy in the morning and start fresh- don't look back ! Maybe 'storms' could use an m&m Lol :drinker:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Don't listen to them.

You are my new hero.
  • debjae
    debjae Posts: 242
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day. New choices.
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    man some people are rude/slightly harsh.

i pucking love m&m's.

just do a bit of cardio today, drinks lots of water, and don't do it again. you can't uneat them so don't beat yourself up about it too much :)
  • glenette1
    glenette1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Ok, some people are just mean. Get back on track tomorrow. I'm not as concerned that you ate all the M&Ms as I am that it was the ONLY thing you ate. No nutritional value at all. I keep a nutrition bar in my desk and/or purse for days when I am running around all day and don't have time for a full meal. I also keep baby carrots soaked in balsamic (very tasty) in the fridge in case I'm super hungry when I get home and dinner is not ready yet. Here's to a better day tomorrow!!
  • totallydevious
    totallydevious Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    OP: I had a bad day today as well, but worse than yours, all you can do is pick yourself up and do better tomorrow, don't beat yourself up over it and don't listen to stupid people. :heart:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Well, the "a calorie is a calorie" people will be pleased.

But seriously, what's done is done. Make a plan and execute the plan going forward. And never...*EVER*...forget to eat.
  • aalman12
    aalman12 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a break, just do a lot smaller portion, tomorrow is a new day!
  • FiercelyBeautiful
    FiercelyBeautiful Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry eat some protein and veggies or something, otherwise don't sweat it, if anything your biggest issue is a sugar rush or not eating enough. Chances are this isn't a daily issue.
  • lizblizz2012
    lizblizz2012 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    MFP is for building each other up, not cutting them down. Be nice!

Anyway, I agree with just forgiving yourself and starting new tomorrow. You can't undo the M&Ms so don't stress over it! One bad eating day won't sabotage your hard work. If we didn't ever get to have naughty eating days we would go insane. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming :)
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I must still be quite a bit under my calorie goal of about 1200 :S! But just on junk :/

Ok, so finish eating. I would fill the rest with protein. Not a huge problem. I'd be bragging about it frankly.
  • PuggleLover
    PuggleLover Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love M&Ms.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    It's going to be alright! I agree with others that say go ahead and eat something this evening anyway that is healthy, even if you go over. It will help keep you from being too hungry tomorrow, you know? And then tomorrow start fresh! :smile:

I actually would like to have a day where I can eat a whole package of double stuff oreos! I love that stuff!
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    I would eat something tonight - for sure!
    My advice is to try to change your way of thinking. You don't accidentally eat M&Ms, you just eat them - so what? Not the end of the world by any means. Also, we're all super busy but you have to make meal planning a priority!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    No big deal. A day is a day. But I'm not sure how one can "accidently" eat M&Ms during a movie, after the movie, on the way home, while shopping.....

Next time get a box of Raisinettes too so that you can have some fruit. Fruit is important.

edited because it's "some fruit" not "so fruit"
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    No big deal. A day is a day. But I'm not sure how one can "accidently" eat M&Ms during a movie, after the movie, on the way home, while shopping.....

Next time get a box of Raisinettes too so that you can have so fruit. Fruit is important.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Behati
    Options
    Haha I've done that before with Trail Mix! But you're fine just have a good breakfast!