I will never be able to lose this....

Options
13»

Replies

• clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Go over to the success stories board and look at some of them. Bookmark some of the ones who have lost the most. Start with this one.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/747198-179-pounds-lost-31-to-go
  • chanixxx
    Options
    aw no just remember it takes time and effort. I get really pissed when it doesn't happen fat, but I just keep my spirits up and do my best :) Either way, I bet your beautiful so there :tongue:
  • lynn14
    lynn14 Posts: 116
    Options
    You break my heart to see someone so upset......we are all here for you and there has been very good advice given to you.

Remember your not alone on this journey. It isn't easy, and you will go up with your emotions and down with your emotions.
    Good you are communicating because that is a cry for help.......

Take one day at a time....and sometimes you have to take one minute at a time.....you can do this......you can do this.....let all of us help you.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    SO what you are really saying is that either:

A: You don't REALLY want to lose it

or

B: You're just too lazy to put in the effort to lose it.

Sorry, not being mean, but that's what I am reading here.

It's your health and your life. Do what matters to you. You can choose to live a healthier lifestyle or not. It's all up to you and what you want out of life. YOU have to decide one way or the other.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/gpstrucker/view/attitude-266103
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Are you freakin serious????? I am TWICE your age. I used to sit on my bed and catch this sight out of the corner of my eye and then I realized that was MY BUTT. A person is not supposed to see their own butt out of the corner of their eye when they sit!
    When I would go to the bathroom I would be in tears because my GUT was resting on my legs! How did I ever let it get to that point? But then again who cared. I am OLD, divorced, over the hill....

Then, one day I was tired of it. Tired of being able to grab HANDS full of fat hanging in front of me. This was not normal. This was not RIGHT. I was disgusted at myself and what I had become.

Slowly, slowly, slowly, one day at a time...baby steps. I cut back from two bottles of soda a day down to one, then down to just a can, then down to just a can every other day, now down to one a week. That alone had to account for at least ten pounds! Then my diet. I didn't do "diet" foods. I wanted something that I would be able to do the rest of my life so I just started cutting back my portions, eating out less, making healthier choices, less butter, fewer "cream sauce" based meals, fewer fried foods. Then just when I thought I was half crazy I jumped in all the way and started EXERCISING! I KNEW I had gone crazy! I started sweating and I LIKED IT! I was starting to see progress on the scale, progress in loser clothing and one day I actually SAW my collar bones!

I am a long way from having the perfect bikini body, but I am fine with that. But those belly rolls???? I am down to just one much smaller handful now. I am proof it can be done. Don't give up on yourself. It won't happen overnight, but it will NEVER happen if you don't do SOMETHING!
  • fitQueenbeast
    Options
    Is this a pity party you're throwing for yourself? I see you list only 38lbs to lose. There are people here who have lost ten times that amount and you don't see them crying. If you want it, suck it up and do it. If you don't want it, why are you here complaining about your little belly? I've lost almost 70lbs and my belly is still bigger than yours. Sheesh.

This right here. ^^^

Champions train. Losers complain. #thatisall

Sorry. I have no sympathy for people that complain when most of us are on here really workin our butts off to reach our goals.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to count calories, there is a book called "Intuitive Eating" that you should read.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    what do you mean you will never be able to lose this...yes you can lose it...you just gotta get crackin
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Come on. I am 71 years old and I am doing it.

My folks live long==into their 90's. I want to be upright and mobile as long as possible! Also, this much overweight is hazardous to my health.

They told me that losing 10% of my weight would make a big improvement, so I did that (28 lb.). Now I'm doing it again. And then I'll do it again...

If I can do it, you can do it.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I used to know someone with that exact same belly..... oh wait.... it's ME!!!!!!! and if I can do it with no surgeries, no special diets and no trainers.... then dammit you can too.... you just have to put your head down and get it done... it' aint' gonna happen over night but if you stick to it, then it will happen....

GUARANTEED!

:flowerforyou:
  • ZombieSidwell
    Options
    The fact you posted this tells me you don't really want to give up. It helps to vent sometimes. It is hard but well worth it. I too have a lot of belly fat, and it can be discouraging. It comes down to how important is it to you. You are the only one who can answer that for your self. If the calorie goal is too hard then try adjusting it. Sometimes it can be trial and error to see what is going to work best for you. Not everyone is the same in what works for them. If you decide to take a break there is nothing wrong with that. The important thing is for you to be happy with who you are. You are more than welcome to add me if you decide to stay.
    Sheila
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How many you know with a belly like
    Mine? None right?

my belly is twice your size. I have limited mobility and I am working
    as hard as my body will allow to lose a pound or 3 a week if possible.
    It's hard work. But if I can lose 31 pounds in less than 2 months you can.
    Use your dancing to work for your exercise. It takes a lot to move and
    shake the amount of weight you carry. I know you can do it if you really
    honestly want it. It's called baby steps. Don't focus on the big numbers
    focus on the smaller ones.
  • NCISFanatic01
    NCISFanatic01 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Eat half of what's normally on your plate at every meal and walk twice as much as you usually do every day.

to help this idea along. Change plate sizes. If you are using your biggest dinner plate. Move down to a salad
    or dessert plate. I do it all the time. It's how I control my portions.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Yes you will - 10 lbs at a time - follow the roadmap- don't look at how much to the final goal - look at the goal for the month.

Find your BMR and TDEE - you can take 30% cut from TDEE to lose but still have enough to eat.
    Start to exercise - as simple as a walk around the block - add more laps as you get fitter.
    Pick up some resistance bands and build your strength.
    Small changes add up over time - you can do this.
    Give me a shout if you need help to check your numbers.

^Agree with this - check out the link.

Start slowly. Count calories. Make one small change a week.

But remember: Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The problem here is your attitude and way of thinking. You tell yourself that you can't do it so you're automatically setting yourself up for failure. Believe in yourself. Tell yourself that you CAN and you will do whatever it takes to lose the weight. Set small goals for yourself. Take before and "during" pictures (it helps tremendously!). It doesn't take some special person to be able to lose weight.. TONS of regular people just like you have lost weight because they told themselves they could and they DID... You are living your life anyway, so why not lose weight and get healthy in the process? In a year from now, you'll be glad you did.