Just me.

jgarrett77
jgarrett77 Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
New to the site and it says I should introduce myself so heres a little about me. I'm 32 and 3 years ago I got weight loss surgery. I lost 140 pounds in 9 months. Life was great until as it always does got a little stressfull. As a result I turned back to my old ways of eating my feelings. So with 50 pounds gained I have decided its time to turn things around AGAIN. I just graduated nursing school and feel that the only way to be an advocate for health is to be healthy myself, my main reason for getting the surgery. I wish everyone good luck on their weight goals. Be good to yourselves everyone has good and bad days. God Bless, Jess! :happy:

Replies

• stevemcknight
    stevemcknight Posts: 647 Member
    Hey Jess - sounds like you have a plan! The best advice I can give you after a couple years of keeping the weight off, log your food every day. Sometimes just the simple knowledge that you are going to log it later, is enough to stop us from binging. Sometimes, logging my food during the day is the best way to know exactly how many calories I have left for the day and how I'm going to spread them out.

Do 6 meals a day (every 3 hours) - it's key to keeping your metabolism up. I was lucky enough to have read an article on that before starting my weight loss journey and it helped dramatically.

Talk about it to your friends, family, pets, strangers etc. all day long. The more you talk about it - the more conscious you are of it - the more likely we are to succeed in keeping the weight off.

Welcome to MFP and enjoy the journey.

Steve
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    welcome to an awesome site Jess ...........good luck on your weight loss journey ......
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Welcome Jess to MFP!! All I can say is that BOTH weight loss surgery and mfp are TOOLS to get you to your goal! You can do both and succeed! I wish you the best!
This discussion has been closed.