Help!

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Does anyone know from research or from a doctors view if calories should be added when its that time of the month? I have 185 calories a few hours left at work havent eaten alot of my protien and craving food bad....fast food and chocolate....advice please! :sad: :grumble: :sick:

Replies

• weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Does anyone know from research or from a doctors view if calories should be added when its that time of the month? I have 185 calories a few hours left at work havent eaten alot of my protein and craving food bad....fast food and chocolate....advice please! :sad: :grumble: :sick:

I think it is especially important to keep your protein up at that time, and since you can lose iron as a result of your cycle, something like spinach is excellent to replenish it. Regardless of the calories, I would recommend some lean protein, chicken for instance, and some spinach, in a salad or cooked, to get you through the rest of the day.

If you are in a situation where that isn't possible, a good protein bar might help. It isn't going to kill you to go over your calories, under the circumstances.
This discussion has been closed.